stains on liner

mitsi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Bubbles

We used the poolstore for the frieze earlier this year - it worked well and certainly looks better than an unsightly stain. It comes in 2 ft strips, which makes it easier to fit but you do need to make sure it is lined up well. We went for the mosaic pattern which is ideal if any more sun cream stains appear - harder to spot, but so far no problem. We had delivery within 3 days from the UK but via seperate parcel company. Poolstore don't deliver but recommend a courier. £200 for 10x5m pool £38 for air mail delivery, less if by road or if you know someone who can bring it over.

As for my original post - we still have the faint stains, tried all the suggestions, learning to live with it! We do now have wrinkles in the liner, am I right in thinking it will need to be 'vacuumed' out at the end of the season? It is about 5 years old, should that sort of thing be covered by the 10 year warranty or not? is it relatively cheap/easy to do?

Thanks

Thanks, everyone.

Unfortunately the mosaic pattern is out of stock at the moment apparently.

I emailed the company and asked when it is likely to be available.

Tempted to get some delivered to friends in UK and pick it up when we are over there next month.

Good to hear from someone who has used it successfully.

Just one point, I thought it came in 80ft and 10ft strips. Did I miss something?

I imagined cutting it to manageable lengths anyway.

It wasn't especially clear but when it arrived it was in 2 foot strips, but I can see why as you would need plenty of helpers if it was in longer lengths. More risk of mistakes. I guess 80 ft would do a smaller pool, so you need the additional 10ft strips for a larger pool, plus handy if you make mistakes or need to replace a small portion, if it gets stained or something.

You need to lower the water level to below the frieze line, so bear that in mind when you want to fit it - especially if you hit a hot spell. It may pay to wait.