inlet taps

osie

Hi All

I have a few questions regarding the settings for the inlet taps.

1) Do I need to have the aspirator tap open if there is no hydraulic robot or can I just keep this closed.

2) Is it a good idea to keep the bond fond tap open to circulate the bottom water or can this be left closed.

3) How far open should the skimmer taps be left open.  If I leave it half open there is a water rushing sound; does this mean that the water is moving quicker than if I leave them fully open.

Thanks

osie

1. No close the valve, could cause a nasty injury if someone got stuck on the port.

2. Each to his own but a 70/30 split between the skimmer and bond de fond is about normal.

3. Some skimmers are supplied with restrictors in the bottom, me wide open! bigger the plumbing the better as it reduces the load and therefore saves on electricity, the new Eco pumps are far cheaper to run than the old pool pumps and will pay for themselves in a season or two, they make solar pumping a real possibility.

Something I have never understood but I do it quite often... I open and close the taps rapidly for about 10 seconds.  I understand it is to get rid of bubbles.

My hydraulic robot which I dont use any more needed it to work. He would only work when there was a gushing water noise.  If the valve was too open or too closed he didnt wiggle.  This is why I thought maybe the fastest flow of water is with the value half open(until you hear the gushing water noise).