Help - snow here today - what do I need to do ?

Manon

Hoping one of the experts can help ? To cut a long story short we are still waiting for our hugely expensive pool cover to be fitted and about to consult a lawyer to compell the pool installer to sort out the problems. This morning it snowed and I'm not sure what we should be doing vis a vis the pool. It has a summer cover on the water surface, the pump/filtration system runs at night for 6-7 hours and it has a Sterilor salt chlorination system which is set for 30 ( normally 110 in the summer ). The pool is 12m x 4m x 1.5mD. Any advice would be very gratefully received !

P.S. If anyone wants to know which pool company NOT to use in the Auvergne please PM me as I would hate anyone else to be taken in by them.

Sorry to hear of your problems, your system can run on as it is but snow, rain and dirt will use up your chlorine faster than a chlorinator could make it and there is a danger it could turn green and swampy. It may be worth you buying a cheap bache from a brico for now to keep some of the dirt out but they get awkward to handle when they get a lot of water on them so rigging it may be a task.  Buying some eau de javel from a brico €18 for 20 litres would help you top up the chlorine level (it would be useful to know the water figures from your tests and what are you using to test?) but a dose of 360ml would give you around 0.5ppm of chlorine. Keep the pH on the low side.

Please feel free to PM the name of said company so I can make sure a couple looking for a pool company at the moment don't use them. I am not set up to build their pool otherwise I would volunteer.

Thank you Theiere - should we put the chlorine converter thingy back to its normal level of 110 in the meantime ? The pool people said that if we left the house for several days we shouls leave the cover on but reduce the chlorine setting to 30 so we assumed that this would be correct for the winter as well. The pool is staying relatively clean as it is in a very open area and the cover fits reasonably well.