Pool cloudy because of forage sand

victor

The other night, my spouse left the forage on all night to top off the water in the pool. By morning our sparkling pool (7 x 10 M2) was extremely cloudy due to the sand from the forage running all night. We have now been running the pump for 48 hours and are barely able to see the bottom of the stairs. At the deep end, the pool is almost 3 meters.

Any ideas on how to filter out the sand? It is very hot here, however, I do not wish to swim in a sand filled pool. Help!

Theiere,

Ah...what is a bonde de fond? Do you mean a main drain at the bottom of the pool? We do have that.

A forage is drilled into the ground and may be called a deep well, and one uses a pump to obtain the water from the underground. It is a complicated set up. In using our forage, we can set it for the water to come directly from the forage or control the volume of water by having it come from a hose wherein the water first goes through a type of pressure system. My spouse choose to use forage water directly. Thus sand at the bottom of the forage directly entered the pool with the water.

In the countryside many people use the forage as their main water supply. We use ours for the pool and the garden. Our pool water is filtered using sand.

Actually, this morning I did tell my spouse to turn off the pump and let the sand settle to the bottom. My theory was once it settled, it could be vacuumed up. It seemed to me that the pump was just moving it around as long as the skimmers were on.

I just want to scream!

Screams can be very useful. [:)]

May I suggest on your forage supply you add a sediment filter to prevent or at least minimise the re occurrence.

It must be a mix of sand and fine silt, the silt will most likely make it into the skimmer but I would, as you suggested turn off the pump let it settle to the bottom and vacuum it out to waste as it may be too fine to get caught in the sand filter.  Brushing it onto the main drain likewise may put it back in circulation. Better filtration media other than sand would catch the particles so something to bare in mind at maintenance time.

What no pictures on this forum now?

Try this LINK to get the idea

Théière,

Thanks for your assistance! I have a call in to our pool person and will ask him about a better filtration system. Just this year, we installed a new filter and a new pump.

We had this pool totally redone in 2006, it is entirely ceramic and has been maintained carefully. We have never had any water quality problems until the current problem when my spouse decided to play around with the forage.

Needless to say, spouse is in the dog house until I have my pool back. I will not even let my dogs use it until it returns to crystal clear.

Guess who will be spending time with the vacuum?

Unless your pool person installed Energy "A" rated components at your installation this year, I doubt they would know of it's existence. There are pool people and then there are pool people.  At best you would get a poor immitation of the real product I suspect.  There are a number of people who pertain to be pool people but have very little knowledge of the subject.