Zeolite - where to find ?

chessie

Need to find some Zeolite as a 'top up' for the swimpool filter.

Does anyone know if Zeolite (the proper reddish-brown stuff) can be found in any of the swimming pool supply shops in Bergerac or south towards Villeneuve sur Lot, Marmande area at all ?

Have tried online with some of the cash'n'carry type places but can't find any stockists of Zeolite.

Do I have to order - and have delivered - from larger supplier - and if so, any recs ?

Seems a shame when I only need smallish 25kg bag....

Any advice anyone ?

• 1 month later...
Hello Theiere - thank you for help;  have been side-tracked by other problems for a while - please accept my apologies for not replying before now.

Charente - although a lovely part of France - really would be too far a drive for us;  how about delivery - Dordogne area - can you arrange?

Only need one sack - want to remove some of the gungy looking Zeolite at the top and replace - just a matter of a few inches.

We did have half a sack left over after a delivery of three 25kg sacks;    now seems that OH (who lives in his own little world) - 'may' - repeat 'may'  have used this Zeolite to mix with cement to repair some of the stone walls.

He's used some expensive Zeolite instead of gravel - can you imagine just how cross I am.    We've spent hours looking in the barn and the garage - there's no sign of the half a sack that was left - and I've now had the, very, very grudging admission from him, that 'maybe, possibly - it's been used when repairing the stone walls'..........   Give me strength.....

If it's possible - without being extortionate - any idea how much 25kg sack of Zeolite would cost, plus cost of delivery to Dordogne.   If you prefer, please pm me.

- - - - -

And one question if you have a minute - about regeneration of Zeolite.   How much rock salt to litres of water ?    Presumably rock salt is mixed, in ratio of XtoY in several buckets of water, then poured into the Zeolite filter until it reaches the top... obviously with the bung replaced at the bottom of the filter.

Look forward to - as always - very helpful advice.

Chessie