pool repair company - borders aude / herault

Judith

Our filter (I'm told that's what it is) has sprung a leak, so we need someone to repair it. Anyone know of a good pool repair company in the environs of Lezignan / Narbonne / Carcasonne?  Obviously we can go ask around the contructors, but maybe someone knows an E-speaking one??

Thanks John,

Trying that one, as you say, they may know where to go.  Just got an ansa-m/c, but it is the filtration unit itself which seems to have a leak in the casing .. rather than the pipes or the pool ... will report later when they ring us back (hopefully!).

My other researches (before posting) all lead nowhere ...!

Waited to post before I knew next happenings .. spoke to fuite detection, they only deal with pipers and underground leaks, but referred us to a pool supply co in Narbonne, which is actually where we get our supplies from .. they could supply the sand filter (which I am now told by OH is what it is!), but they do not fit, but referred us to an english person who can ... pretty locally - not sure just where though, and they are coming tomorrow.  They suggested we recirculate the pool water for the mo, didn't know we could do that, so now trying that .. it certainly cuts out the leaking bit but whether it cleans the pool is an other matter ... still partially solved pro tem and hopefully on the way to full solution.

Will report back when more is known as maybe others could use the contact.

Good news. By recirculating the water it bypasses the filter and that's why it doesn't leak. But the water doesn't get filtered either.

If, as we have, you have an auto chlor/PH controller then the water will still get treated though.  Edit : - As it will if you use chlor galletts thinking about it..

We had a leak on  the pipe between the filter and the multi port valve, the one you change about to backwash, etc. I was quoted quite a lot for a new valve. I didn't think a leaky pipe needed a valve change so I used my lathe to make a new bit to replace the leaky bit. That was about 6 or 7 years back and it's still fine. Cost me a couple of €€ though [:-))]

Yes, I think it's healthy enough, bromine galets in our case, if not particularly clear and rather algae'd at the mo due to this heat .. but I swam in it this afternoon without any obvious discomfort ... and it was rather nice and warm too, the first time this year (the warmth, not the swim!) ... I don't understand how the pool works, but I understand what you say ... I leave the understanding and maintenance proper to OH and just know what to do to vacuum etc ...

• 2 weeks later...
I have never seen a bromine pool and as I understand it some opt for bromine to avoid chlor, BUT the bromine has to have chlor to activate it. I will leave the chemistry to they wot know, but that is the case.

Any luck with your repair yet Judith??

Hi Jonzjob

Delayed replying until I had something positive to report.  It took a long week, but finally on Thursday night last (day before the storm!) it was all working again, and finally not green, by which time with the storm it hasn't been hot enough to swim!

It was the sand filter which had sprung a leak - a tiny pinhole perhaps, but that was what it was ... so new one required, ordered and eventually fitted, also needing some replacement piping to fit!

Was completed by the person recommended by the pool supply place, he's based in Fabrezan, Jason, been working with pools for 11 years .. and happy to travel some distance.  

Happy to supply his details upon request.

Re the bromine - I'm not a chemist, and don't know why bromine was chosen, but it works ... since OH was a chemist he seems happy with it ...

So thanks for your initial pointer - we got there in the end!!