A job for Théière ?

Pierre ZFP

Now it's also the pool next door!

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/finance/news/olympic-water-polo-pool-turned-161856177.html

Our news said the "Experts" (always a worry) said it's because of low alkalinity...........................................Ha! low sanitiser!  I run my vinyl pool with an Alkalinity of 35-40ppm rock solid pH despite lots of adults splashing around

Does a pool really change colour that quickly and drastically? I thought it was something to do with the television cameras, the lighting or transmission.

Why have I never seen a municipal swimming pool look like that in 50 years? Do they shut them when it happens? They always seem to be sloshing javel around the footbaths and vestiares.

As we have all just witnessed, yes they can. A customer in the Dordogne had theirs change in 45 minutes after they removed the cover. Algae are plants and at certain times they can bloom. If the water has sufficient nutrient levels and plenty of sun light together with Brazil's temperatures and you have a recipe for an embarrassing episode on the world stage.