URGENT APPEAL : ARE YOU FROM THE WEST COUNTRY, AND AFFECTED BY THE HEALTHCARE CHANGES?

It would be a very great shame to let this opportunity pass us by, having done so much work to make the media aware of what is going on.  A local paper today, national press tomorrow.  This is also the constituency of some seriously ill-informed MEPs so PLEASE let's not waste this chance.

I've been watching this post and feeling a tad guilty. 

We're from Devon and I really really hate to admit this but I haven't followed the story in depth so I have limited knowledge.  We're not affected and I guess we've been busy just getting settled... that sounds really really bad and I do apologise!  I just know I'm going to get told off by someone and I can already hear the comments.

I know I should put my hand up and say I'll do it but I don't feel I know enough and I suspect I'll just mess it all up for everyone else who is doing so much good work.  I am listening to Radio 2 now to see if I can learn more... I feel very torn here as I know this is so important but don't feel equiped to help. 

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]My sister lives in Weston super mare[/quote]Unless she's prepared to say, "I'm really concerned about my brother/sister (sorry, BaF - appallingly I don't know which you are!) in France," then the link is probably a little tenous[:)]. 

I was just hoping that maybe we'd get a few less regular visitors to the site as the weekend approaches, who might have missed this.  Thanks to all for looking and coming up with ideas anyway.  We'll keep trying.[:)]

[quote user="cooperlola"]

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]My sister lives in Weston super mare[/quote]Unless she's prepared to say, "I'm really concerned about my brother/sister (sorry, BaF - appallingly I don't know which you are!) in France," then the link is probably a little tenous[:)]. 

I was just hoping that maybe we'd get a few less regular visitors to the site as the weekend approaches, who might have missed this.  Thanks to all for looking and coming up with ideas anyway.  We'll keep trying.[:)]

[/quote]

She would probably say

I'm really concerned about my brother who is about to lose his health care in France come March 2008.He has threatened to come and live with us until he has sold up in France.Please help I cannot stand the thought of my brother living with us after being free of him for 40 years

I am originally a Devonshire boy, moved here in June 2006 from the Salisbury area.

I am also, in common with many people, on regular medication for hypertension, cholesterol etc., and my E106 runs out next January.

I would be happy to help with appropriate advice/briefing - assuming they want written input - sorry, but I will not do a telephone interview.

[quote user="knee gel"]We moved here permanently in June this year from just outside Exeter but we had only lived there for 4 years. We are early retirees ie 52 and 53 and the changes do effect us. Is this any help ?[/quote]

Knee Gel... I'm an exeter girl... where did you live?  [:$]

Well I was born and lived in North Devon all my life before moving to France two years ago. But I'm afraid I've got my head buried so firmly in the sand I couldn't tell you whether I'm going to be affected by the changes. It's a bit late to worry about it now. If I am ,I am . I'll see what the future brings[:D] Doris Day summed it up for me.

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]

So, Pimpernel,  to paraphrase, I may be able to help people in need but why should I bother to find out. Someone else will have sorted it out before it causes me a problem. Meanwhile I'll post a big smiley to cheer them up and they will all think I'm really cute if I throw in a bit about Doris Day.

Nice one

[/quote]

What exactly is your problem.? Do you think I have a direct line to Sarkozy. If the French have a law that affects me I will abide by it. If it affects you, you deal with it. I don't expect others to sort out my problems. As cases are different do you expect me to look into every individuals case and deal with it for them. Thinking about it,you probably do. You sound like one of the whinging Brits that wants France to work in your favour. I would also like to add, that on a French forum I find your forum name offensive as well as your comments.