LEGISLATION WILL NOT NOW BE RETROSPECTIVE

A BIG YIPPEE, WHOO HOO AND HEARTFELT THANKS  to all those who have worked their butts off trying to sort thia matter out.   It just goes to show what can be achieved by a load of stroppy British Expats.  Congratulations to you all.   If I could buy all of you a drink I would.

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]I would thank Mr Murphy,The British Ambassador to France and all of their staff for working on our behalf to obtain this result, which would never have been achieved without their diplomatic efforts[/quote]We agree wholeheartedly.  I have posted FHI's thanks on his blog and we are preparing formal letters from the group at the moment.  Nobody should underestimate their part in this.

What a fantastic surprise, couldn't believe it when I logged on!  We had resigned ourselves to the situation, taken out basic PHI and tried to push the implications of not being in the health system to the back of our minds. Now we can breath again and look forward to the rest of 2008 here in France. Many thanks to everyone involved. 

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]I would thank Mr Murphy,The British Ambassador to France and all of their staff for working on our behalf to obtain this result, which would never have been achieved without their diplomatic efforts[/quote]

And not to ignore all those at FHI, MEPs, people who spent loads of their own time researching and campaigning.  Many of those who put in so much effort were not directly affected by the regulations, were not paid and it was not "their job".  So thanks to ALL

Ian

Just wanted to add our thanks too - to Deb, to Claire, to the rest of the Health Issues team, to the British Embassy and to EVERYONE who lobbied, sent emails, wrote letters, allowed themselves to be interviewed and generally helped to make our voices heard. [kiss] [kiss]

Deb - when you and the rest of the team finally do 'get together' please let us know when and where.  In addition to us, we think there may be one or two other people who'd like to buy you all a drink! [kiss]

Pete & Lynda xx

Just want to add my thanks to the incredible amount of work put in by Debs and co. I know this has infringed on your own interests, hobbies and family lives.You should all be given the Legion d'honneur at the very least! or maybe the Croix de Guerre.

For all of us who have enlisted the support of MEP's MP's etc I think we should all send personal letters of thanks.