Just been diagnosedwith Muliplesclerosis

Sags123

I don't know really where to start. Basically I have been diagnosed with this chronic incurable neurological disease.
Having bought a house in the vienne/Haute vienne border and had thought of moving over permanently next year
To cut a long story short
1. If I have to go onto longterm incapacity benefit here in UK will I coninue to receive it in France?
2.What happens in France if you have to have treatment for a pre exsisting condition .....medication or hospital admission Would they reimburse me 100%

Any info would be greatly received as I feel now that perhaps a permanent move is just a dream

Sheila

Sheila

I'm sorry you've just had this bad news but a friend moved to France around a year ago after he had taken early retirement because he had been diagnosed with MS (he's 50ish). He looked on it as the opportunity to live his dream. Anyway, I don't know whether he receives incapacity benefit but he certainly receives very good health care in France and 100% reimbursement for any MS treatment/medication and most of the time since the move has been feeling very well. Maybe the change of lifestyle has been beneficial.

He's on holiday for a couple of weeks so I can't ask him about IB at the moment but I will when he gets back.

As far as I know IB is transferable in some instances. You could do a search of this site and see what you come up with.

Don't give up on your dream!

Helen