Snoring! ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Mjc

Is there anyone out there who can prevent a couple getting divorced?
My wife tells me that I snore, and my suggestion that she should sleep in the garage has not been too welcome.
Has anyone come across a cure - or even those things which you can stick on your nose at night, which I have not seen in France (except worn by some athletes). Are they available here?

Well, the tried and tested remedies include sewing a cork (champagne is the best, I believe...) inside the centre-back of your pyjama jacket - asuming you wear one. (My husband never does, so that was one cure out of the window for a start.)
There are loads of others - if you hear of one that works, let us know!
Chrissie

My nurse friend told me there is an operation whereby they cut, I think, the epiglotis at the back of the throat (I may have got the name wrong) and it cures snoring,but it is a bit drastic. Apparently snoring is to do with the heart and sometimes when the snorer takes a long time to exhale again,the heart actually can stop - don't be alarmed it is very rare. My husband could snore for France and I've been tempted to sew a dead hedghog inside his pyjamas on a few occassions to stop him lying onhis back, the only trouble is that he dosn't wear pyjamas and all the local hedgehogs have dissapeared. My sister bought some liquid from the UK onthe last visit called Stop Snoring but we havn't tried it yet - how would we know as we are all deep sleepers?

Hi There
Yes they are available. I use them and am told that they definitely help. Both Carrefour and Leclerc in Saintes sell the French version. I can't remember the brand name but the item is "bandalettes nasales". Also the parapharmacie in Leclerc (Saintes) sells the UK version under the "Breathe Right" brand name. The parapharmacie also sells a throat spray called "Solurone" which helps.

Sleep quiet

Chas

I didn't know I snored, and always denied it, thought my husband was winding me up! Until, that is, I went into hospital for an operation and everyone on the six bed ward complained!!!!!
I do not think I snore so much since I have come to France. I sleep better. Maybe we are both sleeping better and deeper, but my husband has not complained lately.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Having gotten fed up with the freight train roaring through the bedroom, my mother the nurse suggested that my hubby gargle for 3-5 minutes before going to bed.

Believe it or not it worked! And of course he hasnt done it recently so the freight train and wind storms are back --- so its back to the gargling again whether he likes it or not! rofl

"He who does not Question, Does not Think, He who does not Think, does not Know; He who does not Know, never truly Is." Live and Let Live!!