E106 forms - easy peasy??

overmonnow

Hello

We have finally received our E106 forms...  The covering letter suggests that all we have to do is take them to our nearest CPAM office (for us this is Perigueux) and it will all be sorted out very easily.  I just want to make sure that this is the case before trekking down to Perigueux only to find we haven't brought something with us that is absolutely essential!

Thanks, Alistair

You will also need birth certificates (long not short version), marriage cert. if applicable. Also for a woman (if applicable) divorce paperwork to show transition from maiden name to current name.

CPAM also need a RIB from your bank so that they can make refunds direct to your bank account.

That should do it!

H.

Yes it is easy-peasy, at least it was in our part of France. Would have taken about 5 minutes but had to make a return visit as I had forgotten our marriage certificate. The person at the desk even had a large English/French dictionary which she used to aid our conversation. We were given a temporary number there and then and received our Carte Vitales within a couple of weeks.

I must say, I've found most "official" things fairly easy since moving over permanently, such as health registration, car registration, insurance, solving problems with taxe fonciere and habitation, first-time visit to the dentist etc etc. Perhaps we've just been lucky but I think it helps to do a bit of research first and make sure, as the other reply says, you have all the documents you think you might need plus all the ones you think you won't need!

However, having said all that, still got to cope with the tax return Ah well, all part of the learning curve I suppose...

Davlin

Would be interested to know how you get on with your E106, I have just contacted U.K. office who are sending me forms.We will be residents from December and are not yet retirement age but have no plans to work so I hope this is the correct form.

Would be interested to know how you get on with your E106, I have just contacted U.K. office who are sending me forms.We will be residents from December and are not yet retirement age but have no plans to work so I hope this is the correct form.

As well as all the certificates etc already mentioned, our CPAM office

also required copies of a Certificate of Residence each (printed out and

signed on request at the Mairie) and copies of the six most recent bank

statements with income payments (in our case pensions) clearly indicated.

Every office/official seems to have different requirements but it never

hurts to take everything you can think of - and remember to make good

copies of your E106 forms before you surrender the originals! We had

one E106 and one E121; our temporary Attestations arrived very quickly

though the Cards themselves and proper Attestations were a few weeks

coming through.

Val

• 2 weeks later...