E106 and Carte Vitale

Hells Bells

We moved to France in September and I found out I was pregnant in early October. My husband is now fully registered with URSSAF and the other approproate French authorities and we received our Cartes Vitale a few weeks ago.

I had also enquired of Newcastle whether I would be entitled to an E106 (back in October) and they had indicated that I was unlikely to qualify. Obviously, last week I received my E106 which is valid until the end of this year.

Can anyone tell me what I should do? That is, do I tell Newcastle I don't require the E106 or tell the French authorities that I have the E106, or is this all likely to result in everyone cancelling everything and leaving me back at square one without any cover at all!

Any advice gratefully received

Helen

When I came here my husband had already started working for a company and therefore was in the french health system. I never actually even considered contacting anyone in the UK for any sort of E form and I don't even know if they were doing them at the time anyway. I was just added onto his SS things as a dependant.