Are E121's still actually issued by UK

AnnH

I have been told by the UK pensions that they don't actually issue a paper E121 to give to the French authorities in order to obtaine a carte vital, is this correct, what do you need in order to get your carte vital if you are retired?

As far as I know, the E 121 form is still issued,  perhaps you spoke to the same work experience person who told me that E 106 expiry lettes are no longer issued.[:)]

Perhaps they meant that it is issued to you and you have to take it to the French authorities as E 106's are applicable to other countries, not just France

BUT for retired people,  not those on any disabilty benefit or what have you who also get an e121, an E121  is only issued to retired people who are in receipt of an old age pension, ie men over 65 and women over 60 who paid an A rate stamp.  Women over 60 who did not pay an A rate stamp only get a state pension (and an E121) when they or their partner reach 65.

Hello AnnH, I came to live in France a year and a half ago, after reaching retirement age, and I didn't have any problems at all regarding a Carte Vitale - I think I had to produce my birth certificate, passport, proof that I was resident in France etc., etc.,  in fact I took just about every bit of paper I could think of, as you can be sure they will ask for something you have not taken.  It can take a few weeks before the Carte Vitale is issued, but I don't imagine you will have any problems.  I didn't have form E121, so don't really think it is relevant, though maybe it depends of whereabouts in France you live.

Minette, you must be well and truly exceptional, the only piece of paper that you did not have to produce was the E121 eh!!

Unfortunately for the rest of us,  the E 121 form is very relevant and essential.  You must be the only pensioner in France who was granted a carte vitale and non contributable health care cover by CPAM  in France without producing an E121,   Perhaps you can explain how you managed to get CPAM to accept you without an E121, have you ever worked in France?.......... and which CPAM you used,   The E121 form has to be produced so that people who are of retirement age do not have to pay into the French health care system or can stop contributing,  as their health care is now paid for by the UK. 

Hi Ron, sorry - you are quite correct, and I am wrong [:$] - I am getting confused [*-)] (not difficult at my age)!![:(]   I have checked my paperwork for that time and find that I did need the form E121, I think I was so pleased to be in France my head was in the clouds!  or somewhere!

Thank you for bringing that to my attention Ron, and sorry Anne that I temporarily misled you.