Refused Medical Cover

Moulin Neuf

I contacted SSAFA in UK to ask for help and the Chairman of SSAFA France has been on to the British Consulate in Bordeaux - (with more success than I had) - and it appears that quite a number of people have been refused cover at present.  We went up to CPAM to have a chat but no one would talk to us as we are contesting the decision.  We have now formally contested the decision in writing - and are awaiting the reply.  I am sure it is an error made as the original act talkes about being 'en poste' in France.  A full military in rural France is easily taken as a salary - so we have been decided to be patient.  The tax office agree we are not in this category and still wwant us to declare tax this year.  Diplomats and serving forces are excused this.

We wait ....

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

A friend who has been helping with the CPAM refusal to accept us, has had a phone call today from the CPAM to say that they have acccepted us, but we will have to pay them 160 euro per month. this high charge is because they think we are recieving more money than we are getting from my husbands army pension. They have accepted us dating it back to the first of January. We are now waiting for the official letter, then we  can start discussing the payments.

tricia b (86)

[quote user="Patter"]

A friend who has been helping with the CPAM refusal to accept us, has had a phone call today from the CPAM to say that they have acccepted us, but we will have to pay them 160 euro per month. this high charge is because they think we are recieving more money than we are getting from my husbands army pension. They have accepted us dating it back to the first of January. We are now waiting for the official letter, then we  can start discussing the payments.

tricia b (86)

[/quote]

160€ a month equates to an income (RFR) of 30192€ (approx) and this is the amount that CPAM are allowed to charge if you fail to declare your income, or it may be as you say, that they believe that you are not declaring your full income and are thus charging the maximum they can under this piece of legislation.

As you have said, once you receive their letter you can go back with all of your pay slips and bank accounts in order to prove your actual income.

Les Lauriers, re:

160€ a month equates to an income (RFR) of 30192€ (approx) and this is the amount that CPAM are allowed to charge if you fail to declare your income, or it may be as you say, that they believe that you are not declaring your full income and are thus charging the maximum they can under this piece of legislation.

This is an interesting comment: do you mean that there is a maximum payable under the 8 per cent of income rule and that if your income (RFR) exceeds 30192 euro, you will still only pay 160 euro per month?

I just wondered where you found the rule; I did have a look at something on a French website a while ago on CMU calculations, but can't say I understood it properly.

Thanks for any info you can give me

Domi

• 1 month later...

we have finally recieved our health cover, after a couple of phone calls and a letter and paper work being sent of, we eventually went to the office with a friend as a translater, and it is all resolved, i hope that others had good news to.

patter 86