FAQ - E121 - Long Term Incapacity Benefit

Ex Forum Admin

Copy of original post:

My husband & I are both in our 40's & medically retired from the Civil Service. We have been passed from pillar to post trying to find out which forms we need for our medical cover, when we move to France in June. It turned out to be really simple - but getting the right person on the phone was a nightmare!!

At last, I think we have got everything in place & thought the information may help someone in a similar situation to us.

If your are unable to work and are receiving LONG TERM Incapacity Benefit the following will help with transfering benefit payments & receiving healthcare.

When you apply to your local Benefits Branch to have your Long Term Incapacity Benefit paid into a French Bank Account you will be issued with a BF5 or BF5(NI) if you live in Northern Ireland.

Once this form is returned, to your local office, it will be sent to the Head Office, for Medical Claims, in Newcastle. When Newcastle have processed your form they will send out an E121 to your new address in France, along with the details of your benefit & when the first payment will be made.

For enquiries :-

Pensions Branch in Newcastle - 0191 218 7777

The new number for Medical Claims in Newcastle - 0191 2181999

Hope this helps anyone who is struggling with the Social Security offices - as we must have phoned about 6 different offices, over the last month, before getting through to the right person to speak with.