Dental Care for children

Peekaboo

My daughter is part way through an orthodentics treatment. Due to her lack of dedication to keeping in her brace her treatment will run into the time we move to France in August. This realisation has provoked a wider question - is the French equivalent of the NHS as underfunded for dental treatments as the U.K. and how do I go about finding out about transferring her treatment to a practitioner in our area? 

Peekaboo

As you have had no reply, I'll try and give you what little information I have!!

I have just made appointments for my two sons to see an Orthodentist, having been advised to do so by my dentist. I was given the name by a friend, you do not have to be referred, and found the phone number in the Pages Jaunes under 'Dentistes:chirugiens-dentistes qualifiés orthopedie dento-faciale'. She asked me if it was for a first appointment and whether my boys already had braces or not (bagué ou non bagué), so I would assume that you could just say that your daughter already has braces and you would like to continue her treatment in France.

Part of the treatment will be covered by your Carte Vitale, and some by a mutuel or 'top-up' insurance, that amount being dependant upon the level of insurance you have. I know my friend has both, but still had to pay in the region of 100€ herself, for her sons treatment. As far as ordinary dental treatment is concerned, my full costs have always been refunded by the Carte Vitale/Mutuel combination.

Hope this is of some help, sorry it's a little 'woolly', but hopefully, some info is better than none!!

Chris