rental

sandy

Hi all

We are moving out to France hopfully mid Oct.

I am looking for a place to rent while we look to buy.

If anyone can help i would be most greatful, i am looking for a 4 bedroomed house with storage space.  There will be 4 adults and 2 childeren oh and 2 dogs.

We are looking to move to the midi pyrenees.

many thanks

Sandy

Hi Sandy, 3 years 1 month and 3 daze ago we collected the keys for our rented house. We stayed there for 8 months. The first 5 we were looking all around the area and we found a house. 3 months later we were in and starting our new life in earnest. I think that what you are doing is by far the best way to go. We couldn't just come over on a flying visit and buy a house in a few days, no way. That may work for some, but??? Some folks said that the money for rent was just dead money, but we thought better find out wht we want and where than buy in haste and have a VERY expensive regret. We now have a lovely house in a lovely, friendly village...

We got our rental via an agent in Carcassonne and they were very good. Not a lot of good for you 'cause it's too far East. But we thought that was the best way to do it. There rental agents in all the largish towns.

Good luck and if you enjoy your new life 1/2 as much as we do then we are enjoying it twice as much as you [8-)]. Sorry, I got a bit carried away there, but good luck to you!!![:D]

• 2 weeks later...

Jonzjob can you email me the name of the agent you used?  A website and email address would be great if possible.

We are planning a visit to Carcasonne for a week next month to look for a place to rent whilst we look for somewhere to buy, pretty much the same as you did!  We'd like to get in touch with a few agents first and pre-arrange some appointments so as not to waste any time.

Do you know of any other reputable agents around there we might speak to also?

Thanks in advance,

Ric and Jo

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...