House Exchange

Piddy

Some friends of ours in the Gers wish to do a house exchange for a year or more with a family living in the UK.

They have a 6 bedroom old stone house with land 50km west of Toulouse.

They are looking for a 4 bed house(3 children) within an 1 hour of an airport with regular flights to Paris (he is an Air France Captain!)

For more information please contact me and I will pass on contact details; they speak good english.

Thanks

Piddy.

Hello Piddy - your friends may already know about this but worth a mention anyway... we were frequent home-exchangers and used an organisation called homelink.  There is another called Intervac which is also very good.  We gerneallly only exchanged homes for 2-3 weeks but there are many who do wish to exchange for longer.  Both orgnaisations have websites and you can search as a guest so maybe worth a try for your friends.

http://www.homelink.org.uk/  or http://www.intervac.co.uk/

We've had some fantastic holidays and would recommend it to anyone.  [:)]

[quote user="pale pink specs"]Hello Piddy - your friends may already know about this but worth a mention anyway... we were frequent home-exchangers and used an organisation called homelink.  There is another called Intervac which is also very good.  We gerneallly only exchanged homes for 2-3 weeks but there are many who do wish to exchange for longer.  Both orgnaisations have websites and you can search as a guest so maybe worth a try for your friends.

http://www.homelink.org.uk/  or http://www.intervac.co.uk/

We've had some fantastic holidays and would recommend it to anyone.  [:)][/quote]

Thank you PPS for those super links

When our house in France is completed in about 2 years!! we hope to do exchanges so we can see more of the world.

Although we love our house in France and will be spending more and more time there, I hope that it will be attractive to others from other parts of the world.

Sorry if I was 'off topic' there  [Www]

Jackie

[quote user="Chipie"]

we hope to do exchanges so we can see more of the world.

[/quote]

Chipie - if you ever want any info about exchanging do let me know.  We've been on several holidays in Europe and the US and once we've settled and completed our house here we will continue to exchange.  It is a great way to see the world and to make new friends around the world... I still keep in touch with some of our exchange partners (one from Norway has almost become an adopted mum to me!)  Because we have young children we were able to find homes that also had young children which made life so much easier... we exchange cars too so the only cost involved was flights.  We even exchanged within the UK (when we lived there) so there was virtually no cost involved apart from the petrol. 

When you join an home exchange club you'll get lots of information on how to help make a successful exchange but most of it is common sense... I hear that France is a very very popular destination for home exchangers so we're hoping that once we start again we'll have an even wider choice of destinations to choose from!  [:D]

[quote user="pale pink specs"]Chipie - if you ever want any info about exchanging do let me know. [/quote]

Thanks again

We used to watch the TV program Home from Home (cheesy I know) but people did have wonderful exchanges to all parts of the world, and our place in the beautiful Dordogne countryside will be a real Home from Home and not just a holiday home.

Going to have a good look at the links so I can start dreaming [:D]

Jackie

Another good holiday house swapping site is www.switchome.org  The majority of properties are in France as it is french based so great if France is your choice of destination.  What sets it apart from the others is that there are no charges for subscription etc so great if you want to test the water!  We have been having fantastic cheap holidays(during school holidays too) for the past two years now thanks to them.  House swapping provides much more flexibilty than more conventional holidays!  Hope this is useful