Proof of Income for CMU

powerdesal

When (eventually) I move to France I will not be eligible for an E106 from UK and will have to register and pay CMU immediatly. Has anyone any idea of what "proof of income" in the previous year will be required. All the info seems to refer to things related to UK (p45 or some such). Other info relates to a letter from your tax authority. As there is no tax in UAE there is no such thing as my tax authority, niether to I get pay slips. Has anyone any ideas on what may be acceptable?

Similarly my wife will (presumably) not be eligible for an E106 as she has no NI record having never had paid employment since we were married aeons ago. She has no proof of zero income so what does she do?

Ideas anyone??????????

Can I ask a (possibly) hyperthetical question of the experts here:-

In a scenario of a lady in UK, spinster, never had paid employment ( lets assume she stayed at home looking after ailing parents etc) would she qualify for a UK pension at age 60? If said lady had been married but husband had died early in the marriage would she qualify, and if that lady then moved to France, would she be entitled to an E106.? She presumably would be entitled to NHS healthcare whilst in UK.

ps, its not related to my/our personal situation and I am NOT trying to fiddle any system anywhere, purely the thirst for knowledge.

[quote user="powerdesal"]Can I ask a (possibly) hyperthetical question of the experts here:-

In a scenario of a lady in UK, spinster, never had paid employment ( lets assume she stayed at home looking after ailing parents etc) would she qualify for a UK pension at age 60? If said lady had been married but husband had died early in the marriage would she qualify, and if that lady then moved to France, would she be entitled to an E106.? She presumably would be entitled to NHS healthcare whilst in UK.[/quote]

Anyone that stays at home and looks after children/parents is catergerised as having 'Home Responsiblity' and can have up to 19 years credited to their NI contributions total.

I have just used the online pension forcast and you can find out online how many years you have and what % of the pension you will receive

Sorry don't know about the other part of your question

Chipie

We moved here from Oman, and were in the same situation as you. We had closed our Omani bank account. We wrote off to our ex-employers in Oman and they sent us letters confirming our earnings. These were accepted. Remember that you will pay cotisations based on your earnings for 2006.