Miracle Arthritis Cure!

Philouis

A interlectually threatened friend of mine back in the UK, who is a regularly reader of  'The Sun' newspaper, phoned me and told me of an article in Thursday's edition. It was a two page article regarding the amazing curative value for arthritis sufferers of WD40.

It would appear that regularly spraying of this oil on an arthritic knee, had amazing results. So today I have bought myself a new spray can from E Leclerc and I will start the treatment on my knee tomorrow. Watch this space for regular bulletins!

Has anyone else tried this'miracle' cure'?

[quote user="Philouis"]

A interlectually threatened friend of mine back in the UK, who is a regularly reader of  'The Sun' newspaper, phoned me and told me of an article in Thursday's edition. It was a two page article regarding the amazing curative value for arthritis sufferers of WD40.

It would appear that regularly spraying of this oil on an arthritic knee, had amazing results. So today I have bought myself a new spray can from E Leclerc and I will start the treatment on my knee tomorrow. Watch this space for regular bulletins!

Has anyone else tried this'miracle' cure'?

[/quote]

Hi Philouis,

I hope it helps your knee and, your spelling,

good elf,

Leo

[quote user="Philouis"]

It would appear that regularly spraying of this oil on an arthritic knee, had amazing results.

[/quote]

My wife uses WD40 regularly on her arthritic knee.  It means she can unscrew her leg before getting into bed without having to get the pipe grips on it.....

[8-)]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"][quote user="Philouis"]

It would appear that regularly spraying of this oil on an arthritic knee, had amazing results.

[/quote]

My wife uses WD40 regularly on her arthritic knee.  It means she can unscrew her leg before getting into bed without having to get the pipe grips on it.....

[8-)]

[/quote]

Well written Sunday Driver, TEN OUT OF TEN!

ps. The fellow who invented WD39 committed suicide!

I'ts true.

As anyone who has worked alongside 3rd world labour, i.e Indian, Pakistani, Phillipino etc. will tell you, all that you need to fix anything is a big hammer and a tin of WD40 !

Gays could try Fairy Liquid [:$] (don't expect this to survive...!!!)

Hi Philouis my wife has suffered from Rheumatoid Arthritis for over thirty years and some of those years have been spent in the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic diseases.

Over those years we have seen many treatments for all forms of rheumatics save of course for this one and I do not think I am brave enough to phone the Director of Medicine and suggest he goes and gets the paper in question and tries it on his patients.  Of course he normally reads the Lancet and does suffer from tunnel vision and in respect of which there are apparently are many cures.

Belief is of course a wonderful attribute and lets hope it works.

I would not bet on it.

rdgs

Strange ?.....its supposed to be a water repellant....  so I expect where you rub it in will be water proofed  if thats what you want  .......I would be a bit scared of rubbing into my joints any product of the petrochemical industry.!"....its supposed to be good for removing chewing gum though ! 

Nobody is being serious !

I have recently been diagnosed with arthritis of spine (well that is what X-ray showed, but I havent actually quite got around to going back to doctors yet, as I don't like doctors or hospitals much).    I kind of figured it was something I would have to learn to live with and am still debating how I will do that exactly.   So, aside from above (who knows it may work!) I would quite like to know what sort of medicines you can actually get for arthritis and whether they work.

Yes, before anyone says it, I do know that I need to go and sort it out, but right now it doesn't seem so bad, I can even move my fingers again in the morning at the moment and even stand up without getting so dizzy I have to lie down again (therefore almost normal) !!

Hi Londoneye, I'm serious, unlike the jokers above, though I did smile at the idea of WD40.

Sorry to hear about your arthritis, no wonder you want your pool to warm up. I have arthritis in the hands, wrists and one foot (so far). The rheumatologist here prescribed chondroitine, which started to help after two weeks, but then I got very bad headaches because it is of bovine origin, and I can't take dairy or beef products. Then I tried a product based on rose hips, but it didn't seem to have any effect in spite of much positive praise in the media. I'm now going back to a combination capsule of glucosamine and chondroitine of marine origin. Watch this space! Maybe one of these would help you, and there's always Ibuprofen for any pain. I really urge you to go back to your doctor. Recently I was diagnosed (by a radiologist) as having fairly serious osteoporosis, but when I went to the rheumatologist he calmed me down and sorted me out and all I need is one tablet a day. So your diagnosis might not be as dire as you fear. Good luck.

Mrs Auxadrets  (alias Angela in 83)

I am being serious RA or A is a terrible problem and please believe me you would not have wished to see certain cases at the RNHRD.  And before we walk away and think that RA and related problems only hit the elderly I have seen an eight year old with RA and that is going to be for life.

There are major differences between RA, A and other less problematic but closely related illnesses.

Any of the Arthritis Charaties will throw up background current state of medical knowledge and the way forward.

Final shot at HMG.  For those who suffer with RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) and when the body's immune system turns on itself the current medical knowledge is for drugs called anti TNF and which are of US origin and cost.

Gradually most sufferers of RA will see a downturn in the effectiveness of anti TNF then its on to the next one.  Problem NICE have said that after the current TNF drugs they will not approve the new drug solely on costs.

When you cannot hold a knife or fork undo a milk bottle, do up buttons comb your hair or let us say carry out the most basic of bodily functions without help then you do have problems.

Still enough of that it is as some of you know on this forum my fight against HMG in respect of DLA and now the NICE guys.

Funny you should mention Glucosamine, I'd never heard of it but just yesterday our medic here offshore mentioned it to me because I've got an "iffy" knee although it's the long term aftermath of a 15 year old injury and not arthritis.

It comes and goes and Ibuprofen works for most of the time but I'm going to give Glocosamine a try next time as it seems to have less potentially harmful side effects..

A guy I know who has suffered with his joints for years has for his lunch EVERY day .....mackerel fillets between two slices of bread....the ones that come in the flat tins in various sauces that you see in Super U and  also in Lidl . He states he finds this in his diet a big help ....

As the originater of this thread, I feel I must add some further comment! I was told that France would be good for arthritis! It's true! I was only here for 6 months before I got it! But seriously folks! I have had bad arthritis in my left knee for many years, due to the legacy of a damaged cartlidge caused by a bad high dive into the pool at Highgate, London, when I was twenty.

Now that I am eighty, the knee is so bad that I am contemplating a knee replacement. For many years I have been a regular user of glucosamine.chondroitine and diclofenic tablets.They are no cure, but the latter tablets certainly ease the pain and I could not operate without them.

So WD40 is mentioned. To many readers of this thread, it is a joke. But to someone whose hands are sore through clutching at straws, it offers a ray of hope. I have started a 'course' of treatment and will report on any success. The only drawback is that the smell of oil is so bad, my wife now has me sleeping in the garage!

I have found long-distance walking a bit difficult, but cycling I can still enjoy with little or no pain. So I will persevere and if there is no improvement, I will be down the road to Angouleme hospital for the plastic knee joint. By the way, do they have MRSA in France, or has M. Sarkozy ammended it?

[quote user="Frederick"]A guy I know who has suffered with his joints for years has for his lunch EVERY day .....mackerel fillets between two slices of bread....the ones that come in the flat tins in various sauces that you see in Super U and  also in Lidl . He states he finds this in his diet a big help ....[/quote]

Well, that would make sense, being an oily fish. Fish 

[quote user="Philouis"] To many readers of this thread, it is a joke. [/quote]

I don't think anyone thinks the problem is a joke...many of us on here will be of an age that we have (to some degree) experience of creaking joints (I am certainly a fully paid up member of the glucosomine brigade!)... but on the other hand, you have to admit that the suggested solution of WD40 (no pun intended by the word 'solution') does conjure up some 'interesting' thoughts on products which could be put to other uses!

For example, maybe

'Fly Spray' could be of use to those gentlemen who would like to be more active with the ladies.

'Air Freshener'  for those who may be becoming follicly challenged

'Thread Lube'  for those who keep forgetting what they were going to say.

'Contact Cleaner' for getting rid of nuisance visitors

'Auto Polish' for people who want a car to clean itself

'Toilet Duck' for those bird fowl lovers who can't afford a full size pond

'Weed Killer' for those who want to take extreme action against the neighbour's pet which uses their garden as a toilet

'Windolene' a cleaner for those with slim windows

perhaps I should give up now! [6]

I suffered from severe arthritis in the neck for years. Nothing seemed to work, but surfing the web one day I came across "Amazing Arthritis Relief". (American of course). Tried it and within two weeks had the first night's sleep for ages. I take two tablets a day and haven't had a recurrence of the pain for weeks. May not work for everybody, but it certainly worked for me.

Spoke too soon.   Woke up yesterday and couldn't even stand on one leg - pain right up my back as well - assume its related.   Funny, never had it in leg before.  

I am only in mid-40's so a bit worried about how bad it may get, and what prognosis will be long term; hence probably the reason why I am firmly sticking my head in our large 10-tonne mound of sand right now.

Appreciate replies, as I really know nothing about the condition.   Started looking on internet (I have an annoying tendency to self-diagnose, rapidly followed by self-treating!) but it was all too depressing, so I went back to the sand.

Looks like I shall have to bite the bullet and find a (more sympathetic) doctor around this area, with any luck who speaks a tiny bit of English, to help me along.

I really want to know what you are using Oldie, but I probably shouldn't find out, because I will just buy it and self-medicate for a while, probably making matters worse ...

Many years ago when I was the manager of a wallpaper shop we had an elderly lady next door who suffered terribly from arthritis. Eventually she was on two sticks and suffering terribly. She became eligible for a home help etc and the first thing her new home help did was recommend something her own father had used........half a glass of milk with a tablespoon of cod liver oil mixed into it.

She was incredulous, but being desperate to regain some independance agreed to try it although she assured us it tasted revolting.

Within 2 weeks she was more mobile, had less pain and within a few months was onto one stick and out and about again. I have never seen  such a change in someone. Even her attitude was better, she was so much more positive. She was convinced that the milk and coddies was responsible and swore to take it for the rest of her life.

My mother used to force feed us coddies as children because it is good for the joints, but I can't imagine what it tastes like mixed with milk. However if I have the misfortune to develope arthritis I will certainly try it!

Aly

This is an interesting thread, particularly if people can share tips to alleviate the pain of arthritis.  I'd like to tell you what worked for my husband - he has a deterioration of the hip and often gets severe pain there and took glucosamine and chondroitin regularly.  In a health magazine he read about something called 'CMO', I don't know what it stands for but it's some kind of extract from beef tallow, I believe.  We contacted a company called Natural Essentials in Peterborough, who sell this under the brand name of Quorus 1 with a follow-up programme of pills as Quorus-2.  Let me first of all say we are NOT agents or sellers or representatives in any way, just satisfied customers.

Anyway, in addition to the programme of pills he had to follow a strict diet which EXCLUDED:  tomatoes, potatoes, peppers (all members of the poison ivy family), alcohol, tea, coffee, chocolate (aaaaagh, yes I know but if you're desperate you'll try anything).  Also, no wheat of any kind except for spelt wheat, which I believe is 'seigle' in France.  We buy our own flour and make our own bread.

After two days on the Quorus programme he felt an immediate relief from the pain.  Perhaps there are some who may say that 'mind over matter' was the cause but does it really matter - if you get relief from pain and you're desperate, heck you'd eat a cow's raw ear if someone said it would work.  But it did work, and continues to work.  Is it the pills or the diet - we're not sure but it works for my husband and has given him enormous relief.  The course of pills wasn't cheap but we believe they worked, so they're good value as far as we're concerned.

So this is written to say what worked for my husband.  And I think it's a good idea to share tips on pain relief - arthritis is awful and if you find something that works then you stick with it.

[quote user="nectarine"]

spelt wheat, which I believe is 'seigle' in France.  We buy our own flour and make our own bread.

[/quote]

Nectarine, spelt is "epeautre" in France. "Seigle" is rye.

I thought you might like to know, since it might be important for your husband, in case rye is on the forbidden list!

Good luck everyone with tackling arthritis.

There are many different approaches, some people swear by fish oil or omega 3's, glucosamine and chondroitin, cider vinegar, etc. The most helpful treatment I have found personally is Chinese Herbal Medicine - but you really have to be committed, as you need to see a qualified and experienced practitioner who works out an individual formula which will suit your particular needs, and you have to be monitored regularly so that the formula can be modified as your symptoms start to change too. It can turn out fairly expensive in the end.. Often, one has to make dietary changes too - such as the ones outlined in Nectarine's post. It is even better if you can have acupuncture as well - often by the same person. The herbs themselves can also taste pretty foul, you drink a potion made out of them, these days they mostly come in powder form which is relatively easy (just add warm water). In the old days you would get a bag full of about 10 or 12 weird looking plants and minerals and you had to boil the lot for hours!

It might all sound too involved, too weird, too expensive, but the result is really worth it.

whoops, 5-element, thanks for that!  I really thought it was 'seigle' but see that you're right, it's 'epeautre' so I shall go searching for that.  Saying that, however, the rye bread flour hasn't hurt and it's not on the forbidden list but apparently there is something in spelt/epeautre flour that helps arthritis so I shall go searching for that instead.

I think it is a total lifestyle regime to combat arthritis - food plays its part, supplements, complementary therapies and exercise.  My husband's arthritis is always helped by a good walk - painful at the time but it always seems to be better the next day, perhaps it is about getting the blood flowing.  Acupuncture has helped too.

Anyway, it is good to exchange tips and ideas - who knows, someone out there may find benefit from these suggestions and it will improve their life.