House sale and Sarf

Hopefully we have sold our French house!! Unfortunately, no capital gains but immoblier is advising that even so we need to get a certificate/indemnity against future tax liability from this lot- SARF : Société Accréditéede Représentation Fiscale, and that this could cost up to €1,500. Has anyone any experience in this and are we obliged to obtain this indemnity?

I am confused by what immo is saying because there is NO capital gains on the sale and also the sale price is under €150,000 which I understand is the value at which there is an exemption form CGT?? Grateful if any one has been through a similar process recently or has any light to shed.

I'm not aware of any such exemption. I attended the sale of house recently with a price of 23k and the seller still had to pay CGT as it was a second home. In this case the CGT calculation was done by the Notaire who deducted the sum owing from the sale proceeds.

The 150,000 exemption is a dispensation from the obligation to appoint a Fiscal Representative, where the sale value is less than this amount. CGT would still apply, if there were to be any gains!. It means that the Notaire carries out the calculation without any recourse to a Fiscal representative