Ah! An Answer!! Newbie fails to see this Subject.

ecodesign

I have  yet to read the entire Forum!

But I note concerns re tenants.

I am looking for a 12 month position. Note the phraseology.

I understand owners' concerns re  tenancy.. as I have been owner of several rental properties in Ecosse, NZ etc. and am still  letting.

I will be buying again in France, a ruin to restore.. encore.

I was trying to  see the owner in the role of employer which might over-ride any legal rights of a "tenant"

e.g.

I propose  that  I might be engaged for various services .. from measure-up, plans and  design consultancy to videoing or photographing to  care-taking..I agree to allow deductions from  my (very reasonable) fees (which are paid  in arrears, as is usual with such) for owners costs during my occupancy to include rates, insurance, etc.,  ..but  no , I think  (in the event of a breakdown..) le juge would  say it is still a tenancy as a consideration is being paid in kind. Tant pis!

As usual, the best security will  possibly be using an agent or third party, viewing good references, obtaining  a large bond and acting, as soon as the law allows, should the rent not be paid when due.

[quote user="DavidBro"]

I have  yet to read the entire Forum!

But I note concerns re tenants.

I am looking for a 12 month position. Note the phraseology.

I understand owners' concerns re  tenancy.. as I have been owner of several rental properties in Ecosse, NZ etc. and am still  letting.

I will be buying again in France, a ruin to restore.. encore.

I was trying to  see the owner in the role of employer which might over-ride any legal rights of a "tenant"

e.g.

I propose  that  I might be engaged for various services .. from measure-up, plans and  design consultancy to videoing or photographing to  care-taking..I agree to allow deductions from  my (very reasonable) fees (which are paid  in arrears, as is usual with such) for owners costs during my occupancy to include rates, insurance, etc.,  ..but  no , I think  (in the event of a breakdown..) le juge would  say it is still a tenancy as a consideration is being paid in kind. Tant pis!

As usual, the best security will  possibly be using an agent or third party, viewing good references, obtaining  a large bond and acting, as soon as the law allows, should the rent not be paid when due.

[/quote]

Reply deleted due to lack of comprehension (mine).[8-)]

Sorry, Tresco, not meaning to confuse.

Thanks for reading...what I am  trying to  say..

Noting  in a quick survey of this section of the forum, owners' concerns over  rights and protections accorded by French law to tenants..

(and being about to become a tenant myself, unless I camp, most uncomfortably, in my  about to be acquired ruin)

Primarily,  I was looking at a means to assuage any nervous of landlords and prospective landlords, by  establishing a  possible mutually beneficial "arrangement" that should.. for example, an occupant have a nervous breakdown and become "the occupier from HELL".... (not me , of course!) ....

the occupancy might be  judged to be an "employee/employer" relationship.. eg concierge etc.. rather than a tenancy.

In my case ..I think only  if I was able to  render services  over the value of  the occupancy.. then it might work.

Not a loophole in the law... maybe just another loi that might apply and would take precidence!

Where are  the avocats when you need one? ;o)