Seeking infertility Treatment in France

jocalvin

Hello all, I am new to this site and am looking for information on infertility treatment in France.  I have dual citizenship in both the US and France (through my mom who is french born and raised), but have lived all my life in the US.  My problem is this, I am 38 yrs old and have been unable to conceive for a long time.  I had an (expensive) fertilty work up that was inconclusive, yet my doctor thinks I have mild ovualtion failure and suggests hormone shots with insemination.  My big problem is that my health insurance here does not pay for this treatment and it is very expensive (thousands of dollars each month).  I am seriously thinking of coming to France for treatment as I still have alot of family there and understand it will cost a fraction of what it does in the US.  Does anyone have any info on costs, supplemental french health insurance and clinics??  I am considering going to Paris or Dijon (or possibly Strasbourg or the south near Marseille).  Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks :)

My thinking is that you will have to pay into the system bigtime here before you get your treatment. Having a French mother won't make it any easier...I have a French born child and still have to pay up here. I would say you will have to wait at least three months after you move here before you can start the process. It is also a point to remember that fertility treatment in France is illegal after the menopause. Which is fair I would say. Anyway, good luck in your quest to become a Mum...it is all worth it in the end[:)]