Long-Term renting from a French Estate Agency!

Philouis

I think they mean problems with paper work because you usually need contract from employer(we were told they did not except uk employer),tax returns for 3 years if landlord takes out insurance to cover non payment of rent,reference from previous landlord (french) etc.

I'm quite sure that's the case, but they should be told to explain what prospective tenants are expected to provide, rather than say 'We don't rent to British people because...'

I doubt they would say 'We don't rent to Maroccans because...' or "We don't rent to Senegalese because..." quite as openly.

[quote user="jimmytaktak"]What is the name of that agency, please ?[/quote]

As per the forum Code of Conduct, there is to be no 'naming

and shaming' on the site. If you have any complaints about particular

individuals/companies then contact the relevant parties or authorities.

Forum Moderators

The link goes nowhere useful (just a home page for France Info for today - Sun 20).

How about a few more clues as to whereabouts in the site the article might be found. I tried looking under justice/politique/société/France and one or two others with no success.

[quote user="chessfou"]The link goes nowhere useful (just a home page for France Info for today - Sun 20).

How about a few more clues as to whereabouts in the site the article might be found. I tried looking under justice/politique/société/France and one or two others with no success.

[/quote]

I believe this is the articles NormanH refers to:

http://www.midilibre.com/articles/2008/04/19/20080419-FRANCE-MONDE-Bail-refuse-agence-condamnee.php5

Thanks, yes that works (and should continue to work since it points to an archive page). The trouble with so many newspaper links is that they are set up to point to where the article initially appears (a relative link) rather than a permanent link.