Long rental carcassonne region

RicandJo

Hello all,

Myself and my wife are looking for a long term rental around carcassonne.

Just the two of us and a cat!

I guess we are looking for somewhere for a year, possibly two, beginning ASAP.

Please in order to comply with forum rules send any replies to my email 

Many thanks in advance. :)

Contact details edited by a moderator. Please use the PM or email buttons at the bottom of the poster's message, thank you.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that - we'll be popping in there for sure.

We're really looking forward to finding somewhere, then the search for a place to buy will begin!  We're in Milan at the moment (where i work) but have been across to that area a few times now and we really like it.  It was a toss up between Beaune and Carcassonne, but the weather and Pyrenees swung it for Carc.

I'll let you know how we got on in a couple of weeks.

Ric.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well now........

Sorry I didn't reply to this before there was too much stuff going on and I didn't want to jinx it.  After looking at several places, some ok, some bad and some you wouldn't put your dog in we found a lovely village 20 minutes E NE of Carcassonne and whilst looking at a rental place there the agent also had one for sale which she showed us and we fell in love with it.  Needs some work but not a huge amount.

So we bought it [B].  Been a bit fraught lately with surveys, compromis, mortgage applications and paperwork etc but now we are waiting for a date to go and sign the Acte.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet [:D]

Well done you [:D] How exciting ................ Good luck with it all

Its very scary but fun isnt it ? Holiday home or Home ?

You can join us for a coffee at cafe felix on the square in Carcassonne in May when I meet up with other forum members Johnzob, Chateu miaow, and Twinkle. Plus Bones if he gets over his friends are for softies moment ...........[;-)] if you want to ?

Thanks Pads, it will be home, not holiday home.  I'll still be working in Italy until something closer comes up but there's a good link (3 a day) between Milan and Girona with Ryanair.  I do 4 days on and 4 off but that looks to be changing to 5/5 or maybe even 6/6, so I'll get plenty of time at home.  My wife will be there full time.

Most exciting prospect I think will be getting our cat out of storage.  Poor sods been there since August.  Of course I mean cattery....!

Coffee I can do - better be up to Milanese standards though.......LOL

Mmmmm coffee may not be that good but the company will be[;-)] will give you a buzz with the date nearer to the time , hopfully for me tuesday 13th may but will have to check with the others first ............ others if your looking , lets see a raise of hands for 10.30 13th may please !!! ( Err hum please note this is the day after my birthday as I will be flying on my birthday) [:)]

PS Should of said any one else near Carcassonne? welcome for a forum coffee on the 13th May just sign up below

Good on yer R&J!!  We hope all goes well for you. Do you have the keys now or is it still going through?? Have PM'd you...

P, we will probably be in Carcassonne on that Tuesday at 10.30, IN THE DENTISTS!!!!!!!!! But we should be able to attend after that, but it wouldn't be until closer to 11.30ish?

11.30 tis then !!  babe.....!!! [:)]

Bourrat (another sheep fan ) great see you there,  I will be the one sharing her seat with a sheep!!  [:$]sorry jon he still lives !!

Do you know where cafe felix is ?  Yes I have my calendar piccy ready you can have  a quick preview if you like when you show me yours [:)]

So thats :

11.30 Tuesday 13th May  @ Cafe Felix .   As long as the girls can make it  come on Twinks and Chateau Miaow where are you?

[quote user="Pads"] 

PS Should of said any one else near Carcassonne? welcome for a forum coffee on the 13th May just sign up below

[/quote]

Pads, what a shame, would love to meet, BUT, I have to be in England on 15th, so perhaps next time.....???? 

We are here P, 2 le tom (that's pheonetik spellin, I fink?). Look forward to seeing all!!? But it may not do my street (or should that be forum) cred any favours??

We hope that the weather isn't doing you too much harm at the moment P!!!!!!!!![:-))][:-))]. Bit windy here, but not toooo bad. There's still some snow on yer hill!

We went to La Comedie today for lunch, good lunch! Tomorrow we are back again for the cous cous plat du jour!! May even make it again when you are over peut etra???

In a thick mood (boy thats new [:$]) dont get 2 le tom ??[8-)]

The wind was terrible last night I was really scared , it sounded like horses on my roof . its getting that way again out there at the mo , sounds worse if you sit by the fire.

Mmm yes La Comedie is that a vegtable cous cous ? funny thats what I made my self for dinner to day. and followed by chocolate gooo yum cant wait.[:D]

Maybe a walk down the canal after ....Peut etra ?

[quote user="Pads"]Yes next time ........ Im out again in July. Where abouts are you ?[/quote]

Nearer to Narbonne than Carca, but easy enough!  With luck I'll be out again in July (and if I don't get a job by then, it could be permanently).

If I could find a job out there , it would be permanent.........[:(] cant see that happening....... Wanna start a business together ? I have loads of Ideas[:D]

Im looking forward to the firework party in July will you be there then ?

Tout le temps, all the time, 2 le tom?? Where's yer French woman??[:D]

We hope the wind settles, if it gets bad then you need more meat in yer diet. Bad wind is not good for you?![:P]. Seriously we hope that the weather settles for you. It sounded scary from here!

Cous cous has got to have meat in it to taste right, but I must admit that I am getting part way to being a vegetarian. I eat them [6]. I got canine teeth and I need meat to keep me going. Choklat I can do without, but I love it sometimes and your chokgooyum sounds a goody!!!

We had a short walk by the canal by Trebes on the way home, but Cele was not going to be late for her dins and she insisted we went home. I am glad that she can't talk or I wouldn't get a word in!!!

For those that don't know, Cele is our chocolate labrador, a total pig, forever a pup, coming up 10 years old and gourgeous with it!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

We had a short walk by the canal by Trebes on the way home, but Cele was not going to be late for her dins and she insisted we went home. I am glad that she can't talk or I wouldn't get a word in!!!

For those that don't know, Cele is our chocolate labrador, a total pig, forever a pup, coming up 10 years old and gourgeous with it!

[/quote]

I dont think you need to worry about that !![Www]

For those who dont know they have matching whiskers too [:-))]

Cant wait for May, D still in rehersalsin London will be back week Thursday 

[quote user="Pads"][quote user="Jonzjob"]

[/quote]

I dont think you need to worry about that !![Www]

For those who dont know they have matching whiskers too [:-))]

Cant wait for May, D still in rehersalsin London will be back week Thursday 

[/quote]

Cheeky monkey, she can already out talk me even though she can't [8-)]?

They are NOT matching, her wiskers are much longer than mine and they are black not the sophisticated grey that I support!![:-))]

Of course I have laid on the weather for the occasion. What it will be will have to be a surprise for you. (Me too!)

Anyway this is getting way of topic. Will you be able to make it R&J???