DLA

rockstitch

I have been following with intrest all the posts about DLA and I know that if you went to France or any EU country it stopped. I will be moving to France in May and am wondering how my DLA will be processed. Will I get it stopped and do I reapply or does it just continue minus the Motability????? Does anyone know what the correct procedure is?

Hi Rockstitch

Information for anyone looking to make a move can be found at: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/Introductiontofinancialsupport/DG_073387. I would have thought that as long as you meet the criteria there should not be any problems with a smooth transition - no doubt someone will correct me if they have experienced anything different! It is my understanding that people moving abroad have been processed under the new rules since last April - so the DWP should have got their act together on that front by now [:)]

As you may have realised the other thread is very much discussing the issue of those of us already living abroad (prior to the ECJ ruling) and still fighting for our rights to the benefit. However, I would put any further posts onto that thread, as the people there have a wealth of information that may be of help to you.

Kind regards, Tina