DEET

g8vkv

Does anyone know if mozzie repellant containing DEET has been banned or otherwise done away with?

I called in at the Pharm. and all the stuff they had (including 'old-faithful' brands) were DEET-free.

I buy repellent with deet from chemistdirect uk they are fantastically cheaper with thousands of products than anywhere else online, and charge £7.40 for delivery no matter size or weight of order. For example, I buy Ceterizine allergy tablets, they cost nearly £3 for 15 tablets normally and they charge 29pence for 30 - seriously. They have an abundance of repellants with and without deet, and I also get mozzie spray for my horses containing deet for £12.50 and it was 49 euros for the same size spray here without deet and it was useless. They also have online help and are very quick with instant messaging.

Hope this helps!

with regards

BBR

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Fortunately, I've just discovered a forgotten stock of last year's "Insect Ecran Adulte" - which is 50% DEET - but I'll certainly give one of those places a go when I start to run out.

They seem to have replaced the DEET-based stuff with "Insect Ecran Tropique" which contains Picaridine - which is supposedly as effective as DEET, without the risks. I'm a bit sceptical about this as everything else I've tried without DEET has been absolutely useless. I once bought some stuff from Boots and wondered why the bl**dy things kept going for me, only to find out it contained just "natural repellents".

Last year the mozzies were quite rare - but they've certainly now made up for it with a vengeance - hopefully the coming drought will sort them out!