requirements for free NHS hospital treatment in the UK for Non-Resident UK Citizens

milkeybar kid

I hope I have understood that this link is a revised edition it states Oct 2009. I hope it's useful.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_107242.pdf

Help, I cant get access using this link that I was sent - and I cant find this apparently new pdf on the dhss site.

The pdf file is headed and dates Oct2009

Entitlement to Free NHS Hospital Treatment by Non-Resident

UK Citizens

This leaflet has been compiled to explain the entitlement requirements for free NHS hospital treatment

in the UK for Non-Resident UK Citizens.

Sorry, hope some one can sort it.!

I think that there is a mistake in the shorter form, referring to the treatment available to someone who has resided within the UK for at least 10 continuous years in the past and now lives in the EEA or in a country with which a bilateral agreement exists (but does not have an EHIC).

It says "It does include the routine treatment of pre-existing conditions, nor [sic] planned treatment." It should presumably read "It does not include..."

The same error is in the dh.gov.uk leaflet linked to by my first link (on page 4).  It hasn't been tampered with, it's just shoddy proof-reading.

"It does include the routine treatment of pre-existing conditions, nor planned treatment."

Lacote is right, it should obviously be a negative statement, they have omitted the word "not".