Dutch E106

Lizfjr

Are there any nederlandaises reading here? I have a query about obtaining my E106 from the Dutch authorities. I am working in the nederlands as a funtionnaire. When I leave my current job in juli I will be wanting to apply to the Dutch authorities for my E106 so that I can go on the health system here. Can anyone advise me how to do this and what the qualifications are?

Thank you

Liz

[quote user="Jako"]If you are not employed in the NL or residing in the NL then you have no rights in the Dutch system.[/quote]Broadly speaking the same as the UK then.

So Dutch people have no rights whatsoever once they stop work or leave the country. Seems a sh11ty deal to me and somewhat flies in the face of that most fundamental of EU principals, freedom of movement.

Are you Dutch ?

When "the fight" was going on and some people were suggesting that the UK extend the E106 validity for existing residents, this was pointed out to me - I don't remember by whom - as being a poor approach as it might well have alerted somebody to what a rare benefit this is.  I have yet to find any other country which does this; the E106 is generally of your sort - ie for workers who live outside the country which they work in. 

I guess I should feed privileged then as opposed to entitled !

Actually, thinking more about it, there would be no point in say the French issuing an E106 equivalent to a French national residing in UK as the NHS is a residency based scheme so they would automatically be enrolled in it.

We have a Dutch E106, but my husband is still working there, and pays for his health insurance there.  We (me and the brats) are covered by it as his hangers-on.  However, now I am a fully-fledged, cotisation paying AE person, I have my own ss number and have applied for my own CV and so am covered by that too.

In order to qualify under the E106 scheme, presumably you have to be paying social security/health charges somewhere???

Fi

[quote user="AnOther"]Broadly speaking the same as the UK then.

So Dutch people have no rights whatsoever once they stop work or leave the country. Seems a sh11ty deal to me and somewhat flies in the face of that most fundamental of EU principals, freedom of movement.

Are you Dutch ?

[/quote]

Yes, I am Dutch. And I don't agree. You keep your rights and obligations as long as you either reside in the NL or work there or both. As soon as you move to whatever EU country you have the right to be insured by that local system and the Dutch insurance stops instantly.  The new French way of blocking entry into the French system the first five years for people not working is illegal.

[quote user="Jako"]The new French way of blocking entry into the French system the first five years for people not working is illegal.[/quote]I doubt you'll find it's illegal, AFAIK each EU member retains the right to stipulate the requirements for entry to their diverse health schemes.

As I understand it the changes were about enforcing the rules which hitherto had been incorrectly applied.

[quote user="AnOther"]
As I understand it the changes were about enforcing the rules which hitherto had been incorrectly applied.

[/quote]They weren't exactly incorrectly applied.  The former government interpreted the requirement to have full health cover to include the French health insurance scheme.  The new govt decided that this must be private. 

Jako, sadly it is not illegal.  For the full explanation of residency rights, look HERE

This is the piece of the legislation which the current French government has interpreted to mean that you cannot stay here over three months without proper healthcare and sufficient resources (interpreted in France as being the level of income below which social security is payable.)

Article 7:

"b) have sufficient resources for themselves and their family members not to become a burden on the social assistance system of the host Member State during their period of residence and have comprehensive sickness insurance cover in the host Member State;"

As you can see, ANO, nowhere is it specified that the sickness insurance must be private - that's just the spin which has been put on it by Messrs Sarko, Bachelot et al.

It is a very complicated legal issue but every EU country has the obligation to allow entry into their healthcare system by other EU citizens and freedom of movement. Blocking entry into the system for the first five years is therefore imho illegal.

The problem for the French is that the funding for their system is completely based on income. No or low income automatically means free healthcare ( but you might still have millions in the bank)  This means that 'rich' people are now blocked from entry and pay for a private insurance outside of France because that is cheaper. That money does not end up in the French system, but in a foreign healthcare system thus enlarging the French healthcare deficit.

Great legislation by Sarko. If he had just repaired the system in a way that wealthy people pay a decent sum even at low income, all parties would benefit.  ( like the Dutch system)

Believe me, Jako, we tried this argument but without a full legal team and lots of money, the farthest we got was protection for those already living here.  Of course I agree with you (morally, if for no other reason I believe everybody in this day and age, in a "civilised" country, should have the right to state healthcare, but I'm quite rare in this regard so it seeems), but it's a hard fight to fight, as I've found out!