holiday insurance for a holiday in a different country while resident in France

caroline

Hello

I am going to India and I need to have some comprehensive travel insurance. As I live in France I can't buy holiday insurance from the UK, as far as I can tell. Does anyone know where, as a French resident with limited French, I can buy insurance to cover me in India? I am flying from the UK after flying from France back to London

Many thanks

Carol 

As French residents, we have had a similar problem when going on holiday (it's all to do with the definition of your "home" country in the event of repatriation), but have always found a solution on the Internet. 

There are two companies we would recommend - www.worldwideinsure.com and www.jsinsurance.co.uk. Both offer a very efficient service and reasonable premiums - and websites / policies in English! Fortunately, we have not needed to make a claim, so cannot comment on that aspect.

Hope this helps you

find a suitable policy - and that you have a good holiday!

[quote user="caroline"]Hello
I am going to India and I need to have some comprehensive travel insurance. As I live in France I can't buy holiday insurance from the UK, as far as I can tell. Does anyone know where, as a French resident with limited French, I can buy insurance to cover me in India? I am flying from the UK after flying from France back to London
Many thanks
Carol 
[/quote]

Forget the insurance - where are you going, what are you going to do, see, eat, enjoy ?

Have you checked out http://www.indiamike.com/india/

[quote user="Iceni"]

Of course you can buy travel insurance from UK despite living in France just search online - perhaps using the words "travel insurance".

John

[/quote]

Most UK based companies will not issue travel insurance to those not resident because of repatriation issues.

Yes it's the repatriation part that's the problem if living overseas. Thanks very much for all the company names will give these a try.

I am going with a group Yoga in Daily Life, who are all flying from London to Delhi first then to Haridwar for the Kumbha Mehla Hindu festival then staying in Rajasthan

anyone with experience travelling in India I'm interested to hear.   We have to take insurance, its' compulsory - which in itself is a bit worrying!!