Tiers Payant cards

cooperlola

For some unfathomable reason, my top-up insurance company only issues us with one of these things, with both mine and my o/h's names on it.  Many's the time I forget the bloomin' thing when I go to the hospital or wherever, because my o/h still has it, and vice-versa.  I'm off on my travels in ten days' time and felt I should really have one and be able to leave one with Mr C, so I phoned the insurance company to ask if we can have another.  Now apparently, because we both are on the same policy and the same social security number, they won't do this (they say "can't" but it's just a bit of laminated cardboard so that's not actually true).

Is this normal French sexism gone bonkers, or is it just a quirk of my insurance company?  I pointed out to them that we pay twice as much for two people, we are not conjoined and thus have been known to do things seperately, but I just got the telephone equivalent of the gallic shrug.  What do the rest of you do, or are your top-up companies more co-operative because if the latter, then I will threaten mine with our departure when the policy comes up for renewal.

I think I'd be tempted to photocopy and laminate it myself.

After all, you're not depriving the top-up company of anything, just providing information to the medical establishment who presumably  just copy the info into their systems or is there a chip or stripe like a credit card?

[quote user="knee gel"]- we have different ss numbers to each other. Chris[/quote]It's this which my company says is the problem - we have the same one.  If I weren't piggy backed onto the o/h then they would issue two (they would have to as our numbers would be different!)   But as I pointed out to them, the fact that I'm piggy-backed doesn't mean I'm welded to the old darling.[:)]

A slight variation on this.

I attempted to get a quote just for myself using our joint SS number which just happened to be in Mrs Benjamin's name as she was the holder of the E121.

Can't be done I was told by three different brokers/companies. Eventually I found a sane one.     [8-)]

Coops, we have always had TWO cards.  When I was on OH's number and entitlement, we had two and now I have my own number and am entitled in my own right, we have two.

So, you go give them hell......what a lot of nonsense over a teeny-weeny card!