Hospital transport claim- again, sorry

Bertiebe

Hello

I am starting 6 weeks of radiotherapy in Toulouse and the clinique charges for car parking.  As I will be visiting 30 times over 6 weeks, this will be quite expensive, up to 6-7 euros a day.  Does anyone know if you can claim this back on Etat de frais transport?  There is a section to claim Kms and Peage but there doesnt seem to be a box for Parking.  Anyone done this before?

Plus I am going to take a VSL taxi for some of the visits and drive for others, depending on my husband's availability and the necessity to visit Toulouse for other business.  Does anyone know if this is ok, to mix and match as it were?

Many thanks as always for the advice.

I had 40 sessions in Montpellier and had to go by VSL each time as I have no alternative.

I felt guilty at the expense, but nobody else seemed to turn a hair.

Might it not just be simplest to go like that every time except when you need to visit Toulouse for other things?

Best wishes for the treatment. Mine worked like a dream and 4 years later I am still clear with no after effects. (The other cancer I have had and posted about was unrelated)

Thank you Norman H, for your reply and best wishes.

I am very pleased with the treatment I have received here in France, but it does make my hair curl (or would if I had any), at the cost of transportation, over 400Euros each time I think!!  But, as you say no-one seems to turn a hair in France. Sorry about my terrible Puns!!

I'm pretty sure that parking charges won't be reimbursed.

I tried to claim them when we went to Nimes for our "well man and woman" checks.

They cheerfully paid for a whole tank of petrol (I photocopied the garage receipt) but refused the 10euro carpark charge.

I found the VSL and ambulance transport to be a bargain, I may possibly have to pay for the recent VSL so I dont say it lightly.

I was taken to Amiens by ambulance as an emergency case there was a driver and 2 medics IIRC, journey 50 minutes, about 40 km plus the time taken to stabilise me and when they hung around while was prise en charge, cost was €135, net to me €47, while I was there I had to translate for some dutch victims of a car accident, a taxi from the hospital to the nearest hotel, less than 10km cost more than I paid for the full monty ambulance service.

The VSL to the clinic last week cost less than €38 each way gross, again about 40km, the same company is the taxi company in town, I asked how much it would cost to take me into town from my house , its a little over one mile, I always walk or cycle so less than 3km and they charge €10 [:-))], she explained that efectively I would be paying for them to drive to me and then back to town which I understand living in a village outside of town in the UK but why such a differenec in tariff to the VSL? On that basis the trip to the hospital would have cost well over €100, probably €200, I know when they take people to the aeroport at Beauvais it several hundreds and only works when they can fill a minibus.

She explained to me that the Secu set the tariffs for the VSL transport and they are much lower plus they only get paid one way, often of course they will be able to bring back another patient, I in fact came back in the front of a proper ambulance