1 village - £275,000

PaulT

What a great oppertunity for a group of friends/ family to start there own community. if just say 20 people put in 100k each to live there , they could turn it into a great place to live . especially with the right people with the right skills , builder, butcher , gardener, electrician. chef to run resturant to bring money in , start a B&B ect .... Grow own food, raise animals , forrest for wood , solar panels for electric. With the right people it could be a fanastic way of living in the future    

[quote user="Pads"]What a great oppertunity for a group of friends/ family to start there own community. if just say 20 people put in 100k each to live there , they could turn it into a great place to live . especially with the right people with the right skills , builder, butcher , gardener, electrician. chef to run resturant to bring money in , start a B&B ect .... Grow own food, raise animals , forrest for wood , solar panels for electric. With the right people it could be a fanastic way of living in the future    [/quote]

Every time I've heard of people doing similar (although on a smaller scale) within a relatively short time everyone is ready to kill each other. I don't think communal type living suits many as there are always those who don't want to do their fair share, or who want to boss others around etc.

Only because its winter , over grown and unloved , with some imagination and work it could be made very nice ... I think the biggest problem would be the taxes payable and other bills that would put people off .

If I had the money to put into it I for one would love my own village .

I thought it looked a right dump to be honest and in the middle of nowhere too hence why no one wants it! Perhaps make a french Butlins Holiday camp as there is a swimming pool insitu and some of the buildings look like the untilitarian ones that holiday camps had in the old days LOL.

• 2 months later...
[quote user="idun"]

You have my imagination running riot now.

The could do a sort of re-make of The Prisoner, with real people who don't realise that that is what'll happen.........no escape!!![6]

[/quote]

All they need to make that program is to send me a webcam!