Life Insurance

Scooter

Hi

We are looking to find a life insurance policy - either with a UK company that allows you to live in France (most of the ones we have found so far state that you have to be a UK resident) or with a French company.

Looking for a policy for someone aged 62 with a 10 or 15 year term that pays out on death.

Has anyone found anything similar - be really grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Hi

We have an assurance vie savings account with Aviva but I wasn't aware that it was life insurance as well.  Will check it out thanks.

We were looking for something that we paid each month that would have a lump sum on dealth of approx 50,000 euros.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Scooter,

I perhaps have what you are looking for. It is through Credit Agricole. When I went to enquire about a death insurance and said I couldn't find any literature, the very nice young man took me into his office and said to talk about death is taboo in france and hence they don't advertise such an insurance although they could offer one.

So I took out the said insurance which without digging out the contract can't remember exactly what it is called but appears on my monthly statement as Predica Garantie Deces.

It costs me 29,48 per month and will pay out a sum of 20,000 euros on the death of the OH.

I could have gone for a higher sum but of course the premium is much higher and I didn't feel I needed it.

My reason for taking it out was to give me something extra should the OH snuff it before I collect my old age pension! The OH's pension would reduce by half on death after the age of 62 so it would cover the years for me until I'm 66 and collect my OAP.

Crikey I have gone on a bit but hope it makes sense to you and anyone else interested.

Chris

Hi

That sounds really interesting and a reasonable price too.   It might be that over 60 the cost goes up but I will definitely go and see what they can offer.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  Appreciate your help.

Hi

We have "assurance décès" with MMA. Insured for 20.000 euros, pays out on death from illness, doubled to 40.000 payout on death from an accident. Also has a "perte totale et irreversible d autonomie" element which means it pays out if you become severely disabled in an accident, can no longer work and need constant help with day-to-day living.

I (in my forties) pay 6 euros a month premium, my OH in his sixties pays 28 euros per month.

The payout amount could be changed if I recall, I think it's only valid/available up to age 70.

There were questions about our health when we set it up - any recent tests/operations etc.

Hope that helps.

Lou