Clinique La RochePosay

mogs

Following pretty bad burning after radiotherapy last year I've been left with swelling which my surgeon is saying is oedema.

He has recommended treatment at this place and says they often send post cancer patients there if needed.

Has anyone ever had treatment there? The website is quite informative but am still confused about what security social will pay for or not.

If anyone can help with steps for getting a place there I would be most grateful.

[quote user="mogs"]Following pretty bad burning after radiotherapy last year I've been left with swelling which my surgeon is saying is oedema.

He has recommended treatment at this place and says they often send post cancer patients there if needed.

Has anyone ever had treatment there? The website is quite informative but am still confused about what security social will pay for or not.

If anyone can help with steps for getting a place there I would be most grateful.[/quote]

I may have misunderstood but I would have expected the surgeon to refer you directly, and if it is post-cancer it should be covered under the 100% ALD .

Have you asked him for a referral?

Another option would be to go back to the radiotherapist and ask there.

http://www.thermes-larocheposay.fr/medias/documentation/brochure-cancer-2013/brochure-cancer-2013.htm

The brochure above gives the details of how to arrange treatment, and what it costs.

In essence your doctor prescribes, you get approval, as an ALD it is reimbursed at 100%, you get a rail ticket and 150 Euros towards accommodation costs.

It's a lovely quiet little town just down the road from us.

Thank you all for your replies. I have looked at the brochure which is in English and in French but find it a bit confusing. I'll give them a call tomorrow to find out how much towards food/accommodation is covered - as I've found before being ALD doesn't mean everything is covered and there are often surplus charges.

I believe it is near Poitiers, which I think is around 3 hours from me.

[quote user="mogs"]Thank you all for your replies. I have looked at the brochure which is in English and in French but find it a bit confusing. I'll give them a call tomorrow to find out how much towards food/accommodation is covered - as I've found before being ALD doesn't mean everything is covered and there are often surplus charges. I believe it is near Poitiers, which I think is around 3 hours from me.[/quote]

Closer to Chatellerault if you are looking on the map. Just 10 mins on the D725