Lung removal

JohnRoss

[quote user="PaulT"]

What can also be important is the standard of investigative equipment they have.

Having retired from the NHS and been involved with the allocation of capital monies it is a little concerning when Diagnostic Imaging staff talk about a piece of equipment being 10 years old and it will not show certain things that modern equipment will. They have to rely on experience and instinct to imagine what might be there. Needless to say their equipment is very expensive so with a lack of funding then replacement can be difficult. As the French health system seems to be in trouble no doubt it is the same situation.

JR best of luck for the future. You need to be happy with your choice.

[/quote]

Nothing like putting JohnRoss's mind at rest and that was nothing like putting his mind a rest [;-)]

Hi folks so I have having taken various opinions and having looked at various league tables decided to go for Montsouris in Paris. Had a scintigraphie done today which showed that the right lung was good and could support me without the left lung being there. So only the heart bloke to see and the anaesthetist at Montsouris and then the op on the 17th to look forward to! Thanks to you all for your good wishes and thoughts.....................................JR

Thanks again for all your good wishes folks. Had so many scintigraphies and

scans and blood  tests of late so you cannot say they are not being careful!

Even had me on a exercise bike pedaling away for 15 mins while they checked out

me ticker. Will post more on my return..............JR

[quote user="JohnRoss"]
Thanks again for all your good wishes folks. Had so many scintigraphies and

scans and blood  tests of late so you cannot say they are not being careful!

Even had me on a exercise bike pedaling away for 15 mins while they checked out

me ticker. Will post more on my return..............JR
[/quote]AT least your ticker could take 15 mins on the exercise bike. Surely a good omen. Best wishes and hope everything goes well.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope I am allowed to do this, but I have copied the message from John;s wife Jackie that she posted on the other French Forum. I am sure she won't mind as John was a far more active poster on this forum and Jackie probably does not realise John was active on more than one French forum.

"This is the wife of JohnRoss. I am very sorry to have to tell you that John passed away on the 18th September at l'Institut Mutualiste Montsouris in Paris. His operation the previous day was completely successful and he appeared to be doing well, but the following day he suffered a massive heart attack following a pulmonary embolism as he was about to be taken back to his room from the intensive care unit and they battled for 8 hours to save him. There was a problem with the coagulation of his blood and there was absolutely nothing they could do. I would like to thank all those on the forum for their kind words and thoughts and helpful information. Needless to say I miss him terribly. Jackie Gibbons"