Where can I get vaccinated to travel to India

Scooter

Hi

I live in the Haute Garonne in a little village near the Spanish border. I visited my doctors today to ask about vaccinations and was told what do you need? You may have to go to Toulouse. I cannot find any information anywhere on where to go to get vaccinated in order to travel. Can anyone help?

I've been to India twice in the last 10 years, as I have family there.

Both times my doctor here knew what was needed and gave prescriptions, for injections and meds. I had to pay for all of it.

The main risks are hepatitis A and typhoid. something for malaria too. You should be up to date with tetanus injections. And take meds for sickness and diarrhoeia with you.

When there be very careful of drinking water, though perhaps it depends which part you go to.

By the way, how easy did you find the visa application procedure? I wanted to go in July, but gave up as I couldn't get through all the internet hurdles.

ps if your doctor doesn't know let me know and I'll send a pm with my doctor's details.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

An update - the doctor would not do the vaccinations so I had to make an appointment at Purpan hospital - managed to get them done within the week but a long way to go.

Re the Visa - my passport etc is UK so I went on line and tried and as you say, a nightare so eventually I used Visa Supermarket - they charge approx. £30 on top of the price of the visa and promise a quick turn around. They wont post your passport back to France though - fortunately my friend is coming out at Christmas so can bring it to me. Not heard from them yet so keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope your visa turns up ok - I'll keep Visa Supermarket in mind for the next time.

The last time I went, 2011, you could download the form, fill in by hand  and send it off by post. Then my passport was returned here. Still very expensive though. I know of a few other people who have had problems with the visa.