how to get cart vitale?

aire

Hello,

could you please help me with the following. I am quite lost with the french health system and dont know where to start..

my work contract has recently ended in france and I didnt do much about obtaining cart vitale..

I have EU health cart, social security number and justicatif de droit cpam.

at the moment i m only doing language courses and would like to know what can i do to apply for the cart vitale? what kind of affordable health insurance you recommend? will this give me the right to apply for CV?

I still havent register with a doctor..

I will appreciate all advices and help.

Thank you!!!

[quote user="aire"]..

my work contract has recently ended in france and I didnt do much about obtaining cart vitale.. [/quote]

Hi and welcome.

Were you working for a French company? If so, as Hereford says (hi H!) get in touch with your local CPAM office or you can call the English-speaking helpline (even if you speak French!) from anywhere in France:

From the link:

You speak English and you live in France, and need information about

your French Health Insurance rights, call our special Advice Line on :

• 36 46

from

France (local call price from fixed-phone line except additional cost

imposed by certain operators of fixed or mobile telephony)

• +33 811 70 36 46

from foreign countries (call rates vary between operators).

[quote user="aire"]I have EU health cart, social security number and justicatif de droit cpam. [/quote]

You have all you need, you have been accepted into the health system with a temporary social security number valid till the end of your EHIC which will be the same date as on the justificatif, with that you can claim your remboursements like anyone else.

If you are coming to the end of your rights then you need to sign on as unemployed if you are eligible then it should confer you health rights.

• 1 month later...