What is meant by' demande d'attestation ouverture de droits'?

Mrs Trellis

I've just got a call from a hospital saying they can't pay bills because my husband doesn't come up on the system as being entitled. He had day surgery last summer and several appointments and 4 treatments recently.

He has had his own carte vitale for over a year and has an attestation for 100% until September this year. They want a 'demande d'attestation ouverture de droits'

I don't know what I'm supposed to send them!

So what did the CPAM say???

Just a thought, that maybe the hospital wanted a copy of his attestation and the one that states he has 100% cover.

We used to find that sometimes hospitals were nearly a year behind with their accounts.

[quote user="Mrs Trellis"]

He has had his own carte vitale for over a year and has an attestation for 100% until September this year. They want a 'demande d'attestation ouverture de droits'

I don't know what I'm supposed to send them![/quote]

Have you updated his carte vitale in a borne in either your local pharmacie or your local CPAM office recently ? It is necessary to do this every year to make sure that the card data is up to date.

If there is a problem (I had a similar one very recently) then contact your local CPAM office and let them know either in person or online.

They will sort out the problem; that is their job.

Edit : Idun is right; it could simply be that the Hospital's records are out of date and they want a copy (not the original) of his latest attestation.

Sue

The CV has been used numerous times at the hospital, pharmacy, GP.

I asked at the hospital about a new 100% attestation as the cancer returned last year - and is still being treated -, but was told there was plenty of time till September. Will that be done automatically? They've seen the current one so I don't know why their records would be out of date - though wouldn't be surprised.

If you have internet access and an account with CPAM, you will be able to print off a copy. It's just the paper counterpart so to speak.

You can set up an account online if you don't already have one.

Good luck.

As everyone says, the fact that your husband is entitled to 100% treatment based on an ALD should have been registered on your Carte Vitale, together with the expiry date.

When the ALD was registered by your doctor your husband should also have received from your health assurer (CPAM, RSI...) an attestation that includes the ALD and its expiry date.  This may be what the hospital is after, especially if your husband's Carte Vitale was not up to date when he had the treatment.

If so, and you can't find the attestation (mine is a scrappy folded piece of paper), you can just ask them to send you another. 

vette, the attestation de droits, is not 'just' the counterpart, it is THE piece of paper that proves one's right to cover, the carte vitale is simply a convenience and if one doesn't have one, well one just has to do things the old fashioned way, which still works.

I'm not saying that this will not change at some time in the future, but for the time being, treat it as very very important.

I admit to confusion.

I realise that some people are covered for everything at 100%, but I thought that that was rather rare. I actually thought that if a maladie was at a 100% there would be two attestations? One stating the right to be in the system and the other for the 100%, or maybe both things mentioned on the same attestation? 

So, please enlighten me as to how this works, I would like to know.[:)]

My experience is that there is only one attestation.

The attestation proves you have the right to assurance maladie.  But it can also include details of extra rights, to Assurance maladie obligatoire (ALD) and/or  Regime complementaire (CMU complementaire).   Mine states OUI for an ALD and gives the end-date.

I was confused and still am! The original attestation in 2009 gave us entitlement to health treatment. My husband was my 'dependent' as he had not reached state retirement age. In 2010 a second attestation was received, adding his entitlement to 100%. When he finally received his own carte vitale, it came with a letter but didn't say 'attestation'.

Earlier this year, the list for my hospital appointment requested a current one, downloadable from the website, but I've just noticed it was only from February to July 2015.

I really don't understand why, once you are in the system, you have to keep proving it. The CV has to be produced at every hospital or GP appointment and they check the computer.