Cancer Treatment in France

Grecian

When I had lots of trouble with irritable bowel, wind, bloating etc, also after too many antibiotics .. doctor suggested acidophilus and also the food separation diet (often called the hay system after the person who designed it) which helped certainly with the wind and bloating, which in itself helped the bowel to regulate itself.  Whilst what you have gone through cannot be compared to what I had, you might just find that a bit of complementary medicine helps ... it certainly got me sorted out ok.

Glad that the future prognosis is good ... and though hernia's are unpleasant, they can  be sorted and lived with.  Hope it all continues well.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Judith"]When I had lots of trouble with irritable bowel, wind, bloating etc, also after too many antibiotics .. doctor suggested acidophilus and also the food separation diet (often called the hay system after the person who designed it) which helped certainly with the wind and bloating, which in itself helped the bowel to regulate itself.  Whilst what you have gone through cannot be compared to what I had, you might just find that a bit of complementary medicine helps ... it certainly got me sorted out ok.

[/quote]

I have heard several people say that drinking aloe vera juice is very beneficial for stomach disorders of all sorts.

I've also been thinking about you recently, Grecian. It's good to hear from you, and as you say, although there are some things which aren't that great, you've come through cancer and are out the other side.

I hope that there will continue to be improvements in bowel control and that your hernias can be sorted out before too long. I trust that things are going well for you and Mrs G apart from the obvious.

I had a hernia on the site of the stoma after it had been closed.

Keep an eye on it, since mine suddenly flared up and strangled leaving me with the emergency operation I had this time last year.

Very glad to hear your good news.

You really went through it.

My last scan was good too, since 4 months after the liver resection for the  metastases there is now no sign, though these things can pop up anytime..

It took me about 2 years to get bowels settled down, and in my case it is very much as case of diet. I know what loosens and what blocks, but I think this is on an individual basis

I had a hernia on the site of the stoma after it had been closed.

Keep

an eye on it, since mine suddenly flared up and strangled leaving me

with the emergency operation I had this time last year.

Very glad to hear your good news.

You really went through it.

My

last scan was good too, since 4 months after the liver resection for

the  metastases there is now no sign, though these things can pop up

anytime..

It took me about 2 years to get bowels settled down, and in

my case it is very much as case of diet. I know what loosens and what

blocks, but I think this is on an individual basis

Echoing the sentiments from everyone else Grecian, I too was thinking we hadn't heard from you just the other day whilst taking in the breathtaking beauty of the French countryside (my own garden is excluded from that point)

I have similar if I eat a curry but I know that and it still won't prevent a curry evening!  It's ginger and chillies more than anything else but I don't suffer to the extent you describe and it's all settled down much better these days 5years+.

Hope you can get the hernias sorted, don't they place a tube thing around the outside these days to help the blighters stay in place?