L’augmentation est due à une nouvelle taxe du gouvernement Français !!

Doodle

Hello all,

Maybe you are aware of this but I wasn"t. I received a letter from MMA stating that from February until May our payments for top up health were to increase by around 25 euros a month. I emailed MMA asking why and the reply was

'L’augmentation est due à une nouvelle taxe du gouvernement Français.'

Has anyone got any info about this?

So this is where the money is coming from to fund the 1000-2000 euros per new employee for small business as Mon H said it wouldn't come from taxes!

Mrs KG

I have no idea how that happened, that reply was supposed to be on the TNT thread. So sorry about that.

I did a search and then used the arrow to go back, so why did it not go to the same post I started on??? Strange!

No excuses about 'drink' had about 1 and a half units over xmas and new year.

I have a friend who had this happen to her. I think it was one of those occasions where the mutuelles have used a slight change in taxes or policy to hike up their premiums and con them into paying more. She successfully renegotiated her premium with a different insurer.

Hi idun,

How funny, I read your post, scratched my forehead and thought I don't know what this one's on about! I then looked at the site you mentioned and was even more confused and thought I'd leave it overnight. We had just come back from some neighbours having had galette and cidre and I really believed the cider had played with my spatial navigation!

Phew....what a relief

I have never had 'strong' cider in France, when we used to holiday in Brittany, the creperies would serve the cider for the whole family, including our young kids in pottery 'jars', about 0.05%. Still as a none drinker, that is enough to have an effect on me[:-))]

This is all due to the Responsible Insurance contacts reform that was announced about 18 months ago.

the idea was to ensure that contracts provided a good standard of basic cover, whilst at the same time penalising contacts that were deemed to be over generous.

I suspect that you have a policy with a higher than normal cover. If that is the case the tax rate has double going up from 7 to 14%.

So a policy previously costing 300 + 21 tax would increase to 342.

I suggest you contact MMA to see if they have anewer policy that meets your needs, whilst avoiding the penalty tax.

http://mutuelle.dispofi.fr/contrat-responsable-2015