CPAM email

mogs

CPAM are saying that as we ignored their previous email (which we didn't receive) asking for proof that we live in France full time, they have cancelled our health cover and want us to send back our carte vitales and EHIC cards. We have lived in France for 14 years I didn't think this could happen.

I will be sending a letter off tomorrow with 3 EDF bills and the latest water bill. Hopefully this is just an administration error but the email does mention PUMA, whom we have never heard anything from.

Has anyone else received anything like this?

PUMA is just the name of the heath service. It used to be called CMU. It changed on 1.1.16 but the changes don't affect most people much.

They must be updating their records. The first email probably went in your spam box, my emails from CAF keep going there.

[quote user="mogs"]CPAM are saying that as we ignored their previous email (which we didn't receive) asking for proof that we live in France full time, they have cancelled our health cover and want us to send back our carte vitales and EHIC cards. We have lived in France for 14 years I didn't think this could happen.

I will be sending a letter off tomorrow with 3 EDF bills and the latest water bill. Hopefully this is just an administration error but the email does mention PUMA, whom we have never heard anything from.

Has anyone else received anything like this?[/quote]

Are you sure this isn't some kind of scam to get hold of your personal information?

You could 'phone your local office to check, or look on your online account.

The only emails we get from Assurance Maladie are to inform us that our monthly statements are available on line and of any recent changes. The latest was on July 13 to tell us that the Ameli site has been redisigned "to simplify our lives".

We are covered by virtue of being pensioners with S1's, maybe it's different if you or your OH have worked here.

It does not sound plausible that CPAM would communicate something like the withdrawal of healthcover in anything but writing, the carte vitales would simply be voided electronically, no need to send them back, even the EHIC does not in itself bestow any rights unless the system says you have rights.

Sounds like a scam, thats 2 people on the forum in the last day that have been taken in.

I believe, although it hasn't directly concerned me, that couples who had the CMU were informed a while ago that each of them had to apply for PUMA in her or his own right (no more piggy backing by one person on the other )

Of course you may not have the CMU, but in any case both of a couple now are expected to justify health cover individually. This could of course be that both have an S1..

The messages about doing this went out towards the end of 2016 and should have been replied to by a deadline which differs from office to office.

Perhaps you didn't get this or didn't reply?

https://www.cmu.fr/cmu-de-base.php

Mogs: Unless you really cannot, I would go to the actual local CPAM office. Then you will know if the email was real (take a printed copy) and can explain everything. If you write you risk delay (assuming it was not a scam...).

Mrs H

A long trip if it was just to amuse a scammer, plus it will mean a long wait, someone else in the queue that may not be served or have to wait longer.

Reply by mail or E-mail but only if you are certain the message source is genuine (hover the cursor above the name and the senders E-mail address should show) if you aare concerned about your cover being cancelled just take your carte vitale into a local pharmacie and get them to scan it.

Thanks for all your replies.

The "message" in the form of a letter was in our Ameli account online. It didn't come through to our personal email nor by post. The last "message" was February 2017.

I sent off by recommande the 3 months of EDF bills which was requested in this message, and I also replied by "message" the same letter but couldn't send any justifications as the message system doesn't seem to allow you.

Thanks Norman I looked at the link you gave. When I clicked to get the form up for application it is exactly the same as the form we used to complete yearly, with our tax document to prove income. They (CPAM) automatically used to send this, although last year they didn't.

I believed that the switch over to PUMA was going to be automatic, perhaps I've failed in completing a document. I think I will ring the English speaking CPAM line to see if they can advise.

[quote user="mogs"]CPAM are saying that as we ignored their previous email (which we didn't receive) asking for proof that we live in France full time, they have cancelled our health cover and want us to send back our carte vitales and EHIC cards. We have lived in France for 14 years I didn't think this could happen.

Has anyone else received anything like this?[/quote]

I had the same kind of letter, even down to not replying to previous letters!!!!

Anyway, contacted them by Ameli messagerie explaining never received previous correspondence, and they replied saying that I should send them some justifications.

I hand delivered the required documents, and all now seems fine.

If you find that the email is genuine, and the above advice doesn't work, it could be that they think you've gone back to England.

This happened to husband a few years ago, some mixup, over the english address on his french tax form. I sent a letter with a sort of certificate from the Mairie saying he'd been living here for such and such years. Eventually his french cover was reinstated. He had an S1 though.

• 3 months later...
I wonder is somebody who has received the message like mogs did could advise as to what CPAM are requesting please. My wife looked at our CPAM account this morning and we have a message:

Vos droits à l'Assurance Maladie vont prendre fin prochainement. Merci de fournir avant 10 jours vos justificatifs pour continuer à être remboursé. Veuillez contacter votre caisse d'Assurance Maladie.

It is obviously asking for documentation but has not specified as to what is required. We drove into our local CPAM office this afternoon, only to discover that it has been closed down from the 12th September, we must not drive to Cerizay which is about 30 kms from us. We will be going there tomorrow, and it would be nice to know in advance as to what to take with us. We will be going with the full gambit. This has come at a worrying time as I am due to have an operation on Monday, so obviously I would like to have my health cover in place.

My feeling would be to take everything that might be vaguely relevant:

Copy of S1 - assuming you are covered that way.

Your mutuelle/insurance card/attestation showing current cover.

Copy of last tax demand from French authorities

Last 3 months electricity, gas and telephone bills - if you indeed have them. [Our meters are read once per year and we have a monthly debit based on the guestimated usage for the next year, so no monthly bills as such. No gas and telephone is now available only on the internet. So we might struggle on that one.]

Take you bank account statements with you - could be used to show regular debits from the account to French companies if all else fails to convince them that you are in France.

French driving licences.

And anything else that shows that you are fixed here in France. You will have far too much, but rather that than having to make a return journey because something they thought was important had been left at home.

As you say nomoss it would be nice to know as to why these requests are being made, we have never had anything like this in the last 9 years. I 'piggyback' on my wife's account, as it is her that has the S1, so as Norman had already posted on this thread maybe this is the problem.

Wooly it is genuine as the message appeared via the message facility on our compte ameli. Although I did have an e-mail about 2 weeks ago telling me that my income tax had been recalculated and I was due a 158 euro rebate, but the offer only stands for 2 days, so I had to submit my personal details immediately, yeah right.

Andy I have gathered everything that you have posted, also taking passports, birth and marriage certificates, like you I only have internet bills for the telephone, we pay the water rate bill monthly and I think that I have read somewhere that it is accepted if you show the bill which states the monthly payments, I may be wrong, but will be taking it anyway.

What a lot of hassle.

I  had to do a similar thing for PUMA recently, I took along a lot of stuff but my avis d'impôts, a justicatif de domicile and a RIB was all they wanted.

Worryingly they had 2 social security numbers for me on the system, one registered to an address in the Pas de Calais that I have no connection with and have never heard of, possible identity theft? Its been flagged up now and I'm still waiting to hear the outcome.

Well that didn't go as well as I would have liked. We went to CPAM at Cerizay this afternoon, luckily armed with a print off of the message that we received. The lady who we saw was not overly helpful, and seemed a bit confused by what she was reading. She asked to see our E121 and then consulted her computer, and told us that the E121 will expire on the 31st December. We tried explaining to her that E121's do not expire, or not until the Brexit nonsense cuts in then who knows. More consulting with another lady, and then I think she telephoned Niort, where the main office is for Deux Sevres.

After about 5 minutes on the phone she then informed us we must go to The Maire's Office and obtain an 'Attestation de Domiciliation' and then send this off to Niort. I really have no idea as to what this document she is referring to is, and why we have to send it to Niort. Judging by these boards not lighting up I can only assume that it is only us that have received this request. So tomorrow morning off to the Marie's office and try to explain to him/her why we need this piece of paper. So with an operation coming up on Monday I hope I will not wake up to a rather large bill for the procedure.

Oh dear, Grecian.  Still, had my own problem with the CPAM today.  For the first time in about 4 months, I have the afternoon free to go to our local branch where a nice, accommodating man has always dealt with whatever we wanted.

Sorted out all my receipts to do with things I should have been able to claim back since my ALD was recognised.  There wasn't anyone waiting to see the snooty bitch that was there.  But, would she see us?  No, apparently, it is by appt only.

I pointed out that we'd always been able to see someone sans rdv but she wouldn't have it.  I explained that it was not always easy to make a rdv as I am more often than not having to cancel these on account of feeling sick or tired or both or unable to go out.  No bending on her part, to be sure, even though she had damn all to do other than twiddling her thumbs.

Perhaps there will be karma for her in the future when she would be ill and feeling terrible and someone somewhere will give her the cold shoulder

Sorry to hear that mint, especially in your current situation. I guess it could be the same in the UK, doctor's receptionists spring to mind, but here in France I think there seems to be a fair sprinkling of 'jobsworths' in positions of power.

When we had the office in Bressuire we were always treated well, and the problem was always sorted out there and then. I remember the first time that we went in there 9 years ago to register with CPAM a very nice man apologized profusely when he was unable to accept our short birth certificates, and even took to explaining things to us in English come the end. But today like yourself the female was none too friendly. So if we are able to obtain an Attestation de Domiciliation tomorrow, not holding my breath as I am sure a new problem will arise tomorrow, we will have to send it off to Niort, and hope that this is what is required and they agree to continue our health cover.

All worrying stuff.

Grecian, would your maire be accommodating and fax the attestation together with a short letter saying that the CPAM has asked for this?

I know mine would and I have always found that even some quite big problems benefit from having the mairie's stamp attached.