IRM

idun

What are the waiting lists like for an MRI where you live?

I ask as they are not so good at the moment in my old region.

I have been speaking to a friend who said they have to wait three months and it isn't as if it is not urgent.

I asked my son and he says where he lives it is about 5 weeks.

To some extent it depends on which place you contact.
Here the various clinics have put in place a centralised system so you can be sent to the one that has the earliest vacancy, but I don't think that is always the case.
They are so heavily booked that the last one I had was at 7.15 am! The centre opened an hour before the radiologist arrived and I went through  the IRM, but there was no-one on the spot to look at the results straightaway

As an IRM takes quite a bit longer than a scan they worked on the principle that the Doctor could catch up  the backlog of ones that had already been done while the next couple of patients were in the machine..

OH got an appointment in about 10 days - but that was 3 or so years ago. Maybe it is more difficult now.

I was told that ophthalmic appointments were 3 - 4 months when I started to develop cataracts. The doc's secretary got me an appointment in 3 weeks - so in part it may depend if strings can be pulled and if there is someone to pull them.