EHIC CEAM

idun

At my local bus shelter there is a big advert warning people that after the 31st of October people should take holiday insurance out.

I think that people should bear this in mind, whether travelling to the UK or to the EU, depending on where they live.

There is certainly quite a few posters in my local big hospital about non residents having to pay and never a mention of an EHIC or equivalent. I daresay A&E will remain free..... I would hope so!

Depends what the new PM does - as the current one will be dead in a ditch on 31/10.

So as the UK is not leaving the EU on 31/10 the EHIC will still be relevant.

However, I have heard that ambulances will often take patients to private hospitals where EHIC will not be relevant.

There have been reports to the ASA regarding the Government adverts that state the UK WILL be leaving the EU on 31st - stated as fact which is turning out not to be the case.

[quote user="PaulT"] ......................

There have been reports to the ASA regarding the Government adverts that state the UK WILL be leaving the EU on 31st - stated as fact which is turning out not to be the case.[/quote]

Well, that should put a stop to it. [6]

The ASA is a non-statutory organisation and so cannot interpret or enforce legislation.

It's about like complaining about something to the Good Housekeeping Institute.