S1/S106

Bonnie

I need to fill in an S1 for an Attestation for SEB Life International.   I understand that .........."From now on holders of the S1 are exempt from social charges on the gain element of withdrawals from assurance vie contracts..........."   hence the necessity to register the Attestation.

I've been here for 17 years and have had cancer so I'm on 100% and don't pay for anything.   Trouble is that I don't know what this form looks like so where do I start looking.   Is there an example I can look at so that I know what I'm looking for?   I had cancer in the first year I was here so will it be around about 2003 in my files?

Below is the number for the Newcastle Overseas Health Team, that you should be able to get a copy of your S1 from.

I take it you are in receipt of a Uk state pension, or are one of the other specific headings where you can get an S form.

44 (0)191 218 1999

Idun, thanks for this.   I suppose this would be easier than me looking thru' a load of paperwork!   Do you think they would email me a copy or would that be too much to ask?

Yes, I do receive the basic UK state pension.

Thanks anyway.   I've just tried to phone but there's just a virtual assistant (!), who wouldn't accept/understand my request so passed me onto a voice mail box but that was full!

Perhaps it's after 4 pm over there!!   I'll have to keep trying but thanks anyway.

It would have been an E106 not S1 in 2003.

If you scroll down this page https://tinyurl.com/y9hg5r5h (it is from https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content you will eventually come to the standardised English version of the E106 form for use by any European country. But it is dated 2006 as it is the version which replaced an earlier version. I suspect the earlier version was similar.

[quote user="Bonnie"]
Idun, thanks for this.   I suppose this would be easier than me looking thru' a load of paperwork!   Do you think they would email me a copy or would that be too much to ask?

Yes, I do receive the basic UK state pension.

[/quote]

When I rang to request ours, they sent it in the post.  Don't know about the postal services in this pandemic but ours came by return and was a huge and very pleasant surprise.

We rang Newcastle and asked for the S1 forms, a chap there said we can do this over the phone, it took about 1/2 an hour mainly because he had to keep telling us the small print. He then sent the forms to us in France and we sent them onto the CPAM in our department. We sent both my wife and my forms in the same envelope along with the necessary documents they asked for. Mine came back with my Attestation within 2 weeks, we are still waiting for my wife's attestation.

And this is the reason have a look at this link it should be live, the office is closed today, but should be open Monday, or Tuesday, I cannot quite make it out.

When I call such numbers I never bother with the 'assistant', I just keep repeating, 'speak to an agent' and then get put  through.

As far as I know there is no S106 form for claiming health care.

The form which we received from UK when we claimed our UK pensions in 2004, was the E121.

You should have received an E121 if you claimed your OAP in France (or when you moved to France as an OAP) and sent it to your local CPAM to get into the health system. Maybe you made and kept a copy.

At that time there was a series of "E" forms with different numbers, to allow those claiming certain benefits, as well as pensioners, in EU countries to get health cover when moving to other EU countries.

Later, all, or most of, these forms were replaced by the S1, which has different sections to be completed according to the reason for its being issued.

It is completed by the issuing authority, not by the person covered, so you don't "fill it in" as you said in your OP.

The reason your insurance company wants sight of your E121/S1 is that it establishes that your heath cover is paid for by the UK, so you are not liable to social charges they would normally have to deduct from the payment to you under the new p.a.y.e. rules.

The fact that you are covered by an S1 or equivalent for health care is also proved by an Attestation de droits from l'Assurance Maladie, which you can download from your Espace Personnel on the Ameli web site www.ameli.fr.

The fact that you are covered by another country's system is shown by a "code gestion" of 70 on the top of the Attestation.

The Attestion is accepted by the tax authorities as sufficient proof, so should be accepted by your Ins co.

Wasn't the old E106 for early retirees, which stopped a number of years ago.

Also I have had odd numbered E forms when I have had to travel and needed follow up medical attention in the UK. Maybe an E109 or E122, cannot remember  now.

Hi Nomoss,

All these forms.......... they all sound familiar in one way or another but the E121 is probably what I'm looking for,    I had to wait an extra 3 years for my pension so this would put the timing about right and I don't really remember filling anything in.

At least over the w/end, I can go into the Ameli site, as you suggest and find the Attestation but is this the same as the E121/S1?, or maybe not the same but proves that I did originally have an E121/S1?

Anyway, this would avoid all the complications if I can just provide the Attestation - right?

The Attestation de droits shows you are entitled to l'Assurance Maladie, and the code 70 shows/proves that your cover is paid for by another EU country.

Hopefully your Assurance company knows this.

If not, I guess you'll have to get a copy (EDIT:) of your E121/S1 from UK.

Sadly the box tickers in their blinkers trop serré, jobsworths the lot of 'em usually won't accept that

the paperwork we hold has been issued properly.

I have woken in a very very happy mood today, and the idea that they might accept CPAM paperwork has amused me......... but, never the less, it would be very very nice if there is someone decent and they did.

So good luck to the OP!

OK - Printed out an up to date Attestation which I'll carry around with me - that saves a search!

The reason I'm doing this (which may not have been clear from the start) is that I have money saved in SEB Life International.   They have advised me to register my S1 with them.   This is what they say.............

"From now on

holders of the S1 are exempt from social charges on the gain element of

withdrawals from assurance vie contracts.  They are however subject to a

new charge, the ‘Prelevement de Solidarite’.  This is levied at a rate

of 7.5%.  The net benefit of this change is 9.7%, so it is important to

ensure that you are being charged the right rate when you make

withdrawals.  It is imperative that holders of form S1 advise their

assurance view providers in advance by way of an attestation that they

are eligible for this change."

Presumably this applies to other savings accounts which forum members have.

I'm doing one step at a time here so will still pursue getting my 121/106/S1 or another slap in the face!

[quote user="Bonnie"]
OK - Printed out an up to date Attestation which I'll carry around with me - that saves a search!

The reason I'm doing this (which may not have been clear from the start) is that I have money saved in SEB Life International.   They have advised me to register my S1 with them.   This is what they say.............

"From now on

holders of the S1 are exempt from social charges on the gain element of

withdrawals from assurance vie contracts.  They are however subject to a

new charge, the ‘Prelevement de Solidarite’.  This is levied at a rate

of 7.5%.  The net benefit of this change is 9.7%, so it is important to

ensure that you are being charged the right rate when you make

withdrawals.  It is imperative that holders of form S1 advise their

assurance view providers in advance by way of an attestation that they

are eligible for this change
."

Presumably this applies to other savings accounts which forum members have.

I'm doing one step at a time here so will still pursue getting my 121/106/S1 or another slap in the face!

[/quote]

I think they probably mean assurance "vie" rather then "view", and "not subject to" rather than "eligible for" this "charge" rather than "change".

Seems as if someone with little knowledge of either English or French is using a spell-check [:-))]

They may simply want an Attestation sur l'honneur, which you could download, print, and sign yourself. from HERE