StopCovid tracing app

NormanH

Anyone in the UK can help research each day, with results being fed in to the government, NHS and Kings College research team through an app:

https://covid.joinzoe.com/

I’m perfectly healthy, as is my husband, but we report in daily - a message pops up at some point in the day if you forget; our apps are on the front page of favourites.

They do ask fir donations on the ‘done’ page; I’ve donated once so far, as I really feel that this research is going somewhere.

Yes, I’m doing that as well, GG, and have also made a donation as I think it is such a worthwhile study. They have getting on for 4 million participants so far.

About once a week they have started asking a few extra questions, such as how often you have been out for exercise/shopping/doctor. Have you had that?

Yes, I have had those, interesting to add in extras like that, as people’s activities alter. With so many participants their research must be very comprehensive.

We haven’t been outdoors (apart from in our garden) since we started to take part in the study, but expect to do so as time goes on. Including such activities must be important; nobody can know if they have been close to someone with the virus but asymptomatic, so it all adds to the body of research.

Have you watched the very interesting video with Professor Tim Spector and Jonathan Wolf discussing results so far?

Yes, I've been doing it since it started .. requested by the Twin Research Unit .. where Tim Spector is .. quite simple, once you've got it set up, th ough I am not at all sure  how my results help being based here, except they will use it for their genetic work on twins bo doubt too  (I am not a twin, but more, but sadly only the two of us left).

There seems some confusion about the OP.

The link I gave as  information for those who may wish to use it is to the French  government's smartphone application.

Of course there may be a UK equivalent, but this one is for those of us living in France.

• 1 month later...