Has anyone managed to connect to sante.fr today?

NormanH

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that we are all in need of a laugh.

Does anyone remember this ? It is a real side-splitter of self-righteousness, virtue-signalling and ignorance.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-vaccine-delays-brexit-ema-expensive

'Brexit means coronavirus vaccine will be slower to reach the UK'

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Well Judith as my story shows I would have been vaccinated today if I were still in the UK, so that is the same in the two countries.
The difference is that here I have a firm date for the second dose which is  the more important in boosting the immunity, and that one in line with the manufacturer's recommandations based on their research; whereas no one  seems to know when they will get the second one in the UK.

Norman, t’s good to read that you’ve had your first jab.

Here in the UK, everyone I know who has had the Pfizer vaccine has either had their second jab already or has a firm date for it, around 3 weeks ahead. That’s probably about 30 people.

Those of us who have had the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine haven’t yet had our second jab or a firm date. My GP, who vaccinated me, told me that he would ring at some point up to 12 weeks.

I’m OK with that, as I won’t be changing anything I do/don’t do now - I rarely go outside our garden other than for my daily walk - weather permitting, as we’ve had snow followed by heavy rain all this week.

I’m in group 3, over 75 to 79, and had my first jab almost 3 weeks ago, and our GP practice has moved on to vaccinating the over 70 group.

So if Norman lived in our area he would have had it before me, quite a bit earlier.

However, it depends on where you live, as my 88 year brother who lives about a 30 minute drive away only had his first jab 8 days ago, and had to be driven on an hour’s round trip.

Some GP practices aren’t as efficient as ours and not all places started vaccinating at the same time.

NickP is correct, getting the first dose begins to create the immunity .. and appointments are impossible to get ...because there are no vaccines available.  France really hasnot got their act together on this .. regardless of when the second dose is administered.  Being called up by your GP in the UK, which is what happens, and is the only way to  get an appointment in the UK (I know two for whom this has happened), seems a much better way to control the implication, especially as it is the GP who can determine which people fall into the urgent  category .. which is not just determined age but by medical condition too.  This is especially important when the supply is limited.

Not that I am not pleased that those who have had the vaccine have been "lucky" just that there is more than one way to see this, and to organise it better.

I am perhaps pleading our particular case in the Dordogne but my suspicion that the Dordogne is especially way behind in the vaccine programme has been borne out today in the Sudouest.

In the Dordogne, we have only 5 centres (1 reserved for professionals only) and the Charente which is equally rural and has roughly the same physical size and population demographics has 16 centres.  Examples of other départements in France meeting that criteria of population density and demographics were cited, Landes another neighbouring département comes to mind.

Not that I feel any better, having read that information but I do feel justified in feeling hard done by.  It's not so much for myself, but for my OH and, of course, in our village alone, I can just, off the top of my head, think of at least another 10 inhabitants in my OH's age category.

mint wrote the following post at 31 Jan 2021 11:36:

I am perhaps pleading our particular case in the Dordogne but my suspicion that the Dordogne is especially way behind in the vaccine programme has been borne out today in the Sudouest.

Morbihan, too, is dire in this respect so take heart mint .. you are not alone. Our centres are 34km and 32km away and would take a good 30/35 mins to get to either .. if they had any vaccine that is.

Edit : I believe we have 3 centres at present tho another 2 are in the pipeline.

Our dept always shows reasonably acceptable figures compared to other depts, (as it also does with Covid infections) but what it does not show is that some parts (namely the larger cities and towns such as the one NormanH inhabits) have the bulk of the ases and the bulk of the vaccinations.  Those of us in the same dept in a rural area not only have had fewer cases (for which I am most grateful), but also far fewer deliveries of the vaccine.

It is only when you get down to commune level that any understanding of where we are with both infections and vaccines can be made.

How to lie with statistics - again.

Judith, I so agree with your post.  If our mayor were in charge, all the elderly, ill, fragile, at-risk ones would have been first in the queue.  As a commune, the rest of us would happily wait our turns because we would see that it was fair and we would want the most vulnerable to get injected first.

Also, I think some of the anti-vaxxers could be brought round by the mayor's example and persuasion.

Of course that would be too simple and too efficient.   Instead there are 3 privately owned sites to do the RVs and the day I find a slot, I believe I shall pass out in sheer shock.

GG
"Norman, t’s good to read that you’ve had your first jab.

Here in the UK, everyone I know who has had the Pfizer vaccine has

either had their second jab already or has a firm date for it, around 3

weeks ahead. That’s probably about 30 people."

Thanks for the correction. I was obviously mistaken. You are in the best place to know.[:)]

mint "If our mayor were in charge, all the elderly, ill, fragile, at-risk ones would have been first in the queue. "

They are now. The other people I saw yesterday were in that category.

I do completely agree that you and Mr Mint, and Judith should be at the head of the queue and I sympathise that you haven't had an appointment, but I believe that the principle you outline is the one that  as is being practised.

At the same time the system of making an appointment 'laisse à désirer'[:(]

If anyone is still living in hope of a vaccination in the near future, and I don't wish to extinguish hope, it is perhaps time to face the ghastly reality.  But don't take my word for it.  Here are the first 3 commentaires by its readers on le Figaro today about this very subject:

• RGB95
  • le 02/02/2021 à 10:08

Ayant 80 ans,

j'attends un miracle pour être vacciné. En réalité, j'en ai ma "dose" de

ne pas avoir de réponse sur Doctolib, en mairie, dans les centres

dédiés à la vaccination. Mais que demander de plus, notre ministre de la

santé est content et ravi.

• LES MINQUIERS

• le 02/02/2021 à 09:50

EBIHENS:Je me

souviens,j'étais un enfant,en 1955,il y a eu à VANNES une épidémie de

VARIOLE,toute la population a été convoquée à la mairie et tout le monde

a été vacciné en moins de 2 jours par le médecin du pays.

C'était avant!!!

• anonyme

• le 01/02/2021 à 18:28

Chiffres à vérifier, mais

D'après

vos tableaux, dans les 5 départements limitrophe de Paris, il y a eu à

ce jour environ 50.000 vaccination représentant environ 15 % au maximum

de la population de plus de 75 ans à vacciner en priorité

Il reste

donc environ 300.000 personnes de plus de 75 ans à vacciner.dans les

différents centre ventres de vaccination '(environ 100)

Or sur le

site du gouvernement il est prévu de vacciner en février, environ 1.500

personnes en moyenne dans chacun des 100 centres, soit 150.000 au total.

Il

faudra donc attendre, au mieux, fin mars pour que les plus de 75 ans

soient vaccinés et que les vaccinations générales puissent commencer.

Etant

donné que les plus de 75 ans ne représentent que 10% de la population,

combien de mois s'écoulèrent avant que la baignoire ne soit vide..

Just in idle interest, no longer harbouring any hope of getting OH vaccinated any time soon, I looked at the vaccin tracker, and it appears that between 26 and 31 janv.  there were NO vaccinations anywhere in the country[:-))]

Today, at the press conference, they announced they were opening up 500,000 more slots tomorrow, Friday and 1.2M slots the middle of next week (Wednesday?)

France will have started to receive the Oxford-AZ vaccine so some of those appointments will not be for the over-75s, etc.

The protocols for handling and giving the Moderna vaccine are very different from those for the Pfizer vaccine so they need to have different systems to deliver the vaccinations.

Here the currently limited batches available to the department have been assigned to just one vaccination centre. So if you make an appointment at that centre you do not have an option and will receive the first and second injections of the Moderna vaccine.

It is possible in large vaccination centres they may have parallel processes.