It was only a little pr ick and all done

idun

I had the astra zeneca jab today. It was well organised and I was there for all of  just over five minutes, that includes  registering and a Dr going through a few questions and saying that my arm could ache and that I could feel ropey for a few days. Sounded like the info after a flu jab. Then on to someone to give the jab.

I was told  not to drive for 15 minutes and that was it.

I was issued with a number to call if I had a reaction later on, along with a card to take to my next appointment in 10 weeks.

All done.

edit, I had to edit this as I the title was auto censored, isn't it strange, that french words that can be construed as a little rude, are not!

Congrats Idun !!  Very pleased for you.

I fear I may not get vaccinated THIS year.    Like you, I would take whatever I could get (short of the Russian or Chinese vaccine).  Yet, you can't get blood from a turnip, so they say.  So, I just wait..

We had our first vaccinations on Wednesday in the Palais des Festivals in Cannes. There was no applause, no audience and no flowers, but it was quite a performance! It took a whole hour to complete the process. Queue at the door: several people had 11.45 appointments. Sit at first table while one lady read info from the computer screen while second lady wrote it on a form. Spelling Penmaenmawr proved difficult. Then onto another table to be questioned by a doctor. Led to a line of chairs labelled Pfizer from where we were conducted to curtained-off vaccination stations. That was the quick and painless part. After a wait of 20 minutes to ensure we didn’t go into shock we were issued with a document confirming our first vaccination and giving us an appointment for the second one in four weeks time. Yes! Four weeks.

Auxadrets, you have explained why so few vaccinations have been done in France, people will be waiting, as Lori pointed out, years at this rate.

As I said, about 10 minutes in total once I got inside. I did wait a few minutes outside, but not very long at all.

It has been organised like a conveyor belt and that is how they are getting through so many so quickly.

For some they have a 15 minute wait afterwards in the seating area, for me, I was told not to drive for 15 minutes, depending on what they give you.

Yes, 10 minutes versus an hour (or more).  Says a lot doesn't it..

I haven't reached the age of 60 yet, so I think it will be a LONG LONG time before I am invited to be vaccinated.

What ever happened to the promise that Sanofi will be producing the Pfizer vaccinations here in France?  Is that going to take a decade before it is up and running?

Lori, I sympathise about the amount of time it’s taking, but every person who receives their vaccination is a step towards making everyone a little bit more safe.

My husband and I had ours at our GP surgery just over 6 weeks ago, having had a phone call from our GP the previous day.

It took about 5 minutes, having already had our identity checks and allergy questions outside and hand gel applied by a volunteer, who directed us to the left entrance of the building.

It was a special session for over 70s who needed to carry epipens, and everyone in our area of the building was asked to sit and wait in the next hall for 15 minutes. We were each given a label with the time of our vaccination as well as the vaccine record card.