making it up as they go?

mint

First the AZ vaccine wasn't fit for purpose. 

Then it was OK to use but only for the under 50s

Then it couldn't be used and more investigations are needed

Then it's OK to be used again

But only for those over 50s

Er.....any more thoughts on what the next steps should be?

Edit:  sorry, I have to change "Ok to use but only for the under 65s" and not under 50s as I'd previously written

Even better, virus is out of control round Paris so a confinement is decided. What happens? Every train and road is rammed full as everyone leaves the area ..... and spreads the virus as they go. Lovelyyyyyy.

Confined here too but for me not much changed, so far.

They have no choice but to use the vaccine, nothing else easily available. Idiotssssss????

Yes, get vaccinated asap and encourage everyone else to do so.

Millions of people have now had the various vaccinations without any bad effects of any significance. Most are over the age of 50.

The recent nonsense was simply political and shows the real motives and uselessness of Macron and some of the other idiots who are meant to be in charge.

I believe that France is the most visited tourist destination in the World. In the absence of mass vaccination France will become isolated with no visitors coming in and no way for French residents to travel outside France. The ridiculous restrictions on daily life will continue without end.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw the good people of Paris leaving en mass last night. Given that many establishments can remain open, chocolate shops amongst them you wonder why bother with a 'lockdown'!

According to my local Pizza man Brittany is the favoured destination for most of them but I suppose a fair few will end up here in the Pays basque.

I can't help but feel that it is all going to get worse over the coming weeks. The French government, with more than a little help from the E.U. has made a right pigs ear of things so far. I get my AZ jab today, I think I may well need it!!!!

There is, in the midst of this slough of graft and incompetence, one bit of cheering news, namely that a prompt and gold-plated vaccination service at 'exclusive centres' in Brussels is already being put in place for the benefit of EU bureaucrats and MEPs.

[quote user="Ken"]I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw the good people of Paris leaving en mass last night. Given that many establishments can remain open, chocolate shops amongst them you wonder why bother with a 'lockdown'!

According to my local Pizza man Brittany is the favoured destination for most of them but I suppose a fair few will end up here in the Pays basque.

I can't help but feel that it is all going to get worse over the coming weeks. The French government, with more than a little help from the E.U. has made a right pigs ear of things so far. I get my AZ jab today, I think I may well need it!!!![/quote]

Yes, apparently, the favoured destinations are Brittany, Nantes area, Bordeaux area and the pays basque.

In the first lockdown way back in history, we did have a couple of Parisian families even here, in our little village.  Still, they kept themselves to themselves and didn't bother anybody.  We only saw them en plein air and everybody did respect social distancing[:D]

It's irrelevant that the EU has recorded 577,310 deaths, so far, because the important issue here is that collectively they've successfully achieved 'sticking one up' AstraZeneca and its life-saving vaccine which should assist in increasing the death rate for the region.

So a 'chapeau' is seemingly in order for Macaroon, Sparkel and Ursula fond er lyin'.

Well, of course, we are not part of the mass departure from Ile-de-France.  We remain.

I suspect you are right Ken.  Things will get worse (maybe a lot worse) before they begin to get better.  They've waited far too long to try to put the brakes on the virus and made huge mistakes along the way, costing lives.  This third confinement is, of course, no such thing.  Hence Mr. Macron refuses to use the word 'confinement.'

It is amazing what is being considered essential.  Hair salons are essential ! ?  Gardening stores? The list goes on.  I mean seriously, this is one month.  Folks cannot go one month without a trip to the coiffure/garden shop, library???  Of course they can. 

I knew it would be a joke.  Round here, things just roll along as they always have.  Next time I'm out, I will see what, if anything, has shut or remained open (other than those noted and any place that sells a morsel of food, drink or cigs).